Prices going up? CPI staying flat? hmm...

1. Evan G Rogers profile image84
    Evan G Rogersposted 4 years ago

I came across this website called "Shadow Stats". It uses the definitions for key economic terms that have been used for the last century or so using the SAME definition throughout the whole time period.

Many of us - Me included - have likely noticed prices going up. Most people I talk to (my mother, my wife, my friends) seem to agree!

But did you know that economists are claiming that prices aren't going up noticeably?

The CPI (the method of measuring PRICE inflation) is relatively flat!

... unless you use the method of calculating CPI that the government used back in 1990!!! … ion-charts

Our pre-1990 definition of CPI is calculated around 11-12%.

That sounds MUCH more accurate than our government's new definition of 4%

Beware! The definitions of important economic terms are changing frequently! ... and for #whatever# reason, the results always lead to 'rosier' statistics.

2. MikeNV profile image75
    MikeNVposted 4 years ago

It's all about what is included and what is not.

The reality is this.

The GDP is $14.2 Trillion this past year. That's the value of all goods and services produced in the country.  This is NOT wages earned.

"Working from IRS data, in 2009, there were 81,890,189 million tax returns filed. The total amount of income reported on those 81 million tax returms was $7,626,430,723,000 ($7.6 trillion dollars of income)."  Thank you QUATRAIN!

Income has remained flat.

The Government has spent $3.6 Trillion this year already with 2 months to go.

3.6/7.6 = .47 or 47%

So if not one more dime is spent this year all the Federal Government will have to do is collect 47% of the income of every working man/woman in the United States. Every one Rich and Poor.

Can you pitch in with your 47%?

This does not include State or Local Taxes.

So how is this debt ever going to be repaid?  It's not!

All our money is DEBT, excepting coin.  And because all DEBT is loaned into existence there is an interest rate attached to the DEBT.  The INTEREST DUE at a later time is NOT loaned into existence.  So there is always a shortage of money to pay the total DEBT (Principal + Interest). As a result the only way to pay off the DEBT is to create more of it.

If anyone is not smart enough to see the problem with our current system of Debt based money then they should probably just go put their head in the sand.

The only thing that matters is that the current system has passed the equilibrium point... it can not be sustained.

The Banking Cartel running the system knows it's crashing.  So they are in the process of foreclosing on everything and taking ownership.  They will then collapse the currency at which point they will own everything. They will then create a new system similar to the old and the cycle of debt slavery will begin again.

I wrote this for the IDIOTS who can not understand simple math and keep bashing Ron Paul.

Paul is the ONLY candidate that can stop the cycle of Debt Slavery.  And sadly Americans are just to IGNORANT to understand why.