jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Why are the Republicans Shooting Themselves in the Foot Again?

1. thisisoli profile image73
    thisisoliposted 5 years ago

Okay, first off, I am neither democratic or republican, I really don't think that American politics is what it was intended to be anymore, and is run by self serving idiots who should pay a little more attention to what was mentioned by their founding fathers in regards to how their country should be run.

Why do the Republicans keep shooting themselves in the foot?

John McCain was knocking on a bit and was left looking a little confused on several public occasions.
    Sarah Palin - Don't even need to go there.
    Rick Perry - Well known as the f' up of Texas in every city I have visited and only voted in to power by those from 'small town texas'.  Who were all about the guy until their homes burned down.
    Ron Paul - Extreme is too kind a word for this guys policies.

I am more of a conserative kind of guy, so would be expected to side republican, but based on the people alone I don't think I could.

Personally, I think US politics needs an overhaul, out with the old in with the new (Not out with the old in with the young).

2. Reality Bytes profile image93
    Reality Bytesposted 5 years ago

You nailed it.  Our problem is not a republican/democrat problem.  It is a flawed system and a corrupt government that needs to be changed.

It's still We the People right?

Yeah right  sad

1. SoManyPaths profile image60
      SoManyPathsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I totally agree with you. as do many people around the world. they are fed up with increasing prices, lifting retirement ages, declining assets, less medical benefits, unemployment, while the greedy rich continue to make laws in their favor.

3. yellowstone8750 profile image61
    yellowstone8750posted 5 years ago

It is consensual apathy.

4. wyo barney profile image61
    wyo barneyposted 5 years ago

I think they took their cue from former VP Cheney, ooops, that was more of a head shot then in the foot.