jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Who wants to talk about the debate?

1. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 8 years ago

Maybe there's a thread going on somewhere on someone's hub... but I thought this would be a good place to start.

1. profile image0
      Zarm Nefilinposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Not a whole lot of substance in my opinion.  Obama won the rhetoric side of things imo.

Rhetoric is not substance though.

tongue

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
        Uninvited Writerposted 8 years ago in reply to this

But, basically all debates are is rhetoric smile

2. Mighty Mom profile image91

Agree. It was anticlimactic. They have very different styles of communicating. I did like Obama's "first, second, third" -- more concrete examples of things. John McCain was kinda all over the place. He tried really hard to control his temper, but you can tell it's not easy for him (poor guy -- anger management classes would help you a lot). Neither one of them would have been my pick. But we are in a helluva mess in this country and need someone to steer this ship in another direction fast, before the icebergs (or what's left of them with global warming) hit!
    Thanks for commenting. I guess everyone else thought it was boring. Yawn. Off to bed!

3. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 8 years ago

"Joe the Plumber said Thursday he doesn't have a license and doesn't need one."....." said he works for a small plumbing company that does residential work. Because he works for someone else, he doesn't need a license, he said." .....Yahoo news.

4. Mighty Mom profile image91

Well he might want to get himself one if he's seriously thinking about going into business for himself. Unlike our banking industry, contractors ARE regulated. LOL. Thanks for commenting!

5. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 8 years ago

And apparently didn't bother to tell Joe the Plumber that they were going to make him famous. Says he feels like britney spears.

6. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image61
    VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 8 years ago

The Presidential debates were lively. We, Indians do not care about who says what. And which is right or which is wrong. But the way the politicians stand on a single stage and debate national problems is really thrilling. We pray God to give good thoughts on Indian politicians and make them conduct such debates. Several social, regional, religious problems will vanish if the leaders come face to face and debate problems.

working