The Changes In The World Economy To Come

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (29 posts)
  1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image82
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years ago

The speaker is the president of the IMF or "world bank."  If you watch this - he's basically telling you that the international bankers control most everything - but we already know that.

Except...they DON'T control everything except by our own stupid consent.  While everyone is watching something stupid on television - decisions are being made, and everyone is so stupid from the media that they can't see the highway for the cars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … OwZwkhFemQ

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
      Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Each in our own though, Wesman, we're making a stand. OWS, OWSLSX.  Not forgetting the rest of the movements around the world.

Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think that the oligarchs can use the media to convince anyone of anything.

If there's one thing I know for an absolute certainty, then it's that we are all fed lies, lies, and more lies each and every single time we consume anything coming from any major publisher, broadcaster, or "news" source.

People are so easily conditioned with media that it's pathetic.  I admit that the OWS gives a little hope - but ......I'm still pretty pessimistic about it all.

1. Jed Fisher profile image69
          Jed Fisherposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The TEA party and OWS are starting to peel back the curtain that hides the little man claiming to be the Wizard of Oz. People are starting to realize that most people think it’s okay for grown women and men to flirt at work. Maybe most people think an old guy with a mustache should be able to enjoy a cigarette if he wants too. Perhaps many people aren’t the least bit surprised a black man did a book signing in Alabama. It may be a simple fact that the overwhelming majority would rather not live in an asexual androgynous nanny state. Maybe that is why Herman Cain is still popular.

I like your thinking!

Isn't that exactly what they're pushing - androgynous bi sexual all permissive (except for the RULES of course) secular society.

I hate it.

1. CMHypno profile image82
              CMHypnoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's funny how 'liberal' is just another way of saying 'believe what I say you will believe or else!'

I like a bit of variety in the world, and I think that we should cherish all the different ideas, lifestyles, quirks and way of thinking and not try and push us all into bland conformity!

Right!

"Liberal" has certainly changed meanings over the past decade or two!

2. DonDWest profile image70
            DonDWestposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Tell me about it, we're one paranoid, stuck up, snobby, and "overeducated" society. It absolutely disgusts me! I'm almost tempted to grab a Cuban cigar, drink some red wine, and flirt on the city bus with the first pretty thing I come across. Nothing too vulgar, by all means remaining sophisticated, but a few sexual innuendos here and there wouldn't hurt. Of course, if I were to do that; the politically correct thought police would arrest me. Although one of these days I’ll cease to care; and do it anyways just to have a good laugh.

2. Hollie Thomas profile image60

I agree, in terms of the media and the public perception of what is happening in their world. If it wasn't so tragic, it would be funny. I'm not optimistic about the near future either, but at least people are, at last, making a stand.

Yes definitely!

I hope that absolutely no one will purchase anything big or "fad ish" this holiday season, and if they do - I hope it's bought from a very small non corporate "mom and pop" store.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60

Where ever I can I buy non-corporate goods and those that have been locally produced. Now trying to convert my 81 year old mother is another matter all together. She believes most of what she sees on the TV.

I see things all the time that weren't produced by a corporation at all.

I see wonderful things made by individuals on the shelves os some small rural stores and shops.  I know lots of people who just make stuff, and sell those things on consignment shops - individuals.

It's not true that everything is made by some big corporation - and does anyone really need an iphone?

1. DonDWest profile image70

Confession: I'm still (BARELY) in my 20's and have a 1999 Samsung cell phone. Throughout all this time it's never failed me; so I have found little need to replace it. It was the first (and only) cell phone I ever bought.

Let's keep this a dirty little secret. . . because shhhh. . . I'm actually working in the tech sector right now. . .

I've only ever owned two cell phones - and one of them I still have - but I doubt that a carrier would bother to have it turned back on for me.

So,.....I basically also told you that I don't have one now...er... the service.

When cell phones first became...small enough to carry around in your pocket (big pocket) - Nokia had a model that was probably better so far as durability, than any other cell phone ever produced.  I saw a guy throw one of those things against a wall in anger, it broke into about eight pieces....that just snapped back together - and problem solved!

2. Hollie Thomas profile image60

Where I live, just on the outskirts of a big city,all we really have is big supermarkets, chain stores or betting shops.. In our town center (which is pretty small) all the small business's folded or just ceased trading, because the local council raised the rents on the commercial properties so high they could no longer afford to trade. All those commercial properties are now occupied by the big boys. We don't even have a deli, the few small business' that remain (mostly takeaways) are struggling even more because a metro (tram) line is being built through the town center, and the traffic is horrendous whilst their digging bits of the road up. So people avoid driving through our town, which was previously a main drag to the city.

I have an LG phone which I've had since 2003. It serves me well, when in the future I have to replace it, I'll buy a second hand one. smile

It would be damned near impossible to ever truly go "anti corporate."  It's probably harder in some places than others.

I've got more big ideas than I have common sense, probably, but I'm forever trying to work out just what is the right thing to do.

I've so little money that buying things isn't much of an issue!

I don't really know much about cell phones - but strangely enough, when I was in school the next door neighbors had a Finnish exchange student living with them, and his name was Toby.  His parents own Nokia.

3. mom101 profile image61
                  mom101posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Wes,  you may not be independently wealthy but you are financially blessed with wisdom.

If we (the people) would get off our high horses and shake the dust out of our eyes, we would be a much happier people.

Corporations: Yes, there are farmers who are forced to throw away food (lots of it) that is well known, but how many stop and ask why? Could the answer be TO KEEP PRICES HIGH.
                  A law, don't know if it has passed, but has been introduced, making it illegal to give or sell your friends or neighbors food grown out of your garden........  One company with near exclusive rights on SEEDS. again, anybody stop and ask why?.............another recent bill/law  making it illegal to use CASH  to buy used goods. Anybody ask why?

Barter baby barter. Anybody wanna know why?

Thank You Very Much For The Compliments!!!!

Yes - absolutely - there are bills either proposed or already passed that are the most horrific violations of rights that governments can neither give nor take away - try though they might.

Bartering eliminates all middle men or paper trails - it's the single greatest economic weapon we 99 % have.

2. profile image48
      ravihomeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

the international economy was entering the 20th century with the freest flow of goods, services and capital in human history. The previous century had witnessed expansion of global output and trade, and rising living standards in Europe and North America at a pace never before seen in human history.

2. Evan G Rogers profile image59
    Evan G Rogersposted 12 years ago

Changes in the economy to come?

Buy gold, guns and farmland.

Do you have any idea how expensive gold and farmland is? You would have to be a multi-millionaire to buy any meaningful quantities, unless you've recently inherited a bunch of farmland.

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image82

I think guns are really good investments.  I also think, however, that when the nazi takeover hits the street, that it's practically suicidal to be the guy with all the guns.

Going off topic:

Taking all things in moderation, a good “prepper” should probably have one rifle (that visibly could pass as just a hunting rifle) and a small handgun that can be easily concealed.

The preppers who buy a pile of assault rifles, place them in their basement, and display their stash on YouTube are just asking to get wacked when SHTF! Either the goons will literally shell their house from a distance, or the desperate sheeple will scurry into the household and steal the guns.
        Low profile firearms stored in a good heavy safe is the way to go; and you definitely need to keep your mouth shut that you have them.

While guns and bullets fit in the budget, the average Joe, even a well prepared average Joe who knew what was coming long ago; has honestly been priced out of acquiring gold and farmland a long time ago.

I'm a little better off than portrayed on my Hubs; I could probably buy a decent stash of gold right now, but in order to do so I would have to "bet the farm" on one asset. That's one of the big no-no rules in prepping.

I think being able to reload shells will be a BIG deal.  Ammo is getting harder and harder to come by, I hear.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)