I saw this clip from the Rachel Maddow show. I think she is being somewhat fastidious because in order for her thesis to be true Cain would have had to organized his own sexual harassment scandal, which would have involved too many people and the National Restaurant Association would never let their PR be damaged by a hoax. Still, it is fascinating.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/vp … 7#45171907
1. Cain quotes from the Pokemon movie saying "a great poet once said...."
2. Cain's 9-9-9 plan is the tax structure in the video game Sim City 4.
3. Cain has a chapter (chapter 9) in his book about the number 45 being lucky. (4+5) is 9
4. Cain refers to himself as Haagen Dazs Black Walnut, "a flavor that has staying power" when that flavor was ironically a limited edition flavor and was discontinued.
5. Cain's foreign policy gaffes seem just too funny to be actual mistakes. (ubeki-beki-beki-beki-stan-stan, China is developing nuclear capabilities.)
6. His crazy commercials, including the very weird "He Carried Yellow Flowers" all seem to be putting you on.
7. His abortion gaffe, which he did on more than one show, and simultaneously claimed that abortion should be illegal and was a matter of choice.
8. His response to sexual harassment allegations has been called by many "A great example of what not to do." It is almost too perfect.
9. Cain sings Amazing Grace when talking to reporters but while he sings the lyrics to Amazing Grace, he actually is singing to the tune of Danny Boy.
10. "I am the Koch Brothers brother from another mother."
There are actually more of these. As part of a political campaign they seem mind blowing but if you except them as satire of politics they seem like brilliant satire of politics.
I don't buy Maddow's thesis but it is amazing that Herman Cain may be the first political candidate who is such a good satire of himself that the satirists can't possible do any better.
Sorry, I love this guy. And you have to remember he was in radio for years so he's really good at speaking in general and speaking on the fly in particular. He's well researched, does his homework, and would be a great VP alongside Newt as President.
THE NINCUMPOOP THINKS THAT CHINA DOESN'T HAVE NUKES!!!
That's the equivalent of saying "I can see Russia a couple of times a year, and thus I know foreign policy!"
Reading this gave me my first guffaw of the day.
Then, I realized you were serious.
I think you meant 'facetious', not 'fastidious'. But agreed that, with Palin out of the picture, it helps to have a GOP candidate that does all the work for the comedians.
Probably right. Too bad he doesn't work for them anymore. He's got some great ideas about putting SS into the same format used by major credit card companies. I'm not exactly sure what that entails, but according to him, we'll SS will be flush in - I forgot how long he said but it was a suprisingly short amount of time - if it's true.
by Susan Reid5 years ago
Forget who is behind bringing these 12-year-old allegations forward at this particular juncture (ladies and gentlemen, place your bets. I'll wager even money that it was Perry and not Romney).Politics is a dirty...
by Pamela Lipscomb5 years ago
I kind a feel sorry for the poor guy. I don't think he would be foolish enough to run for president knowing he had all this stuff in the closet. I wonder if his closest competitor, Mitt is digging up this...
by preacherdon5 years ago
I am not justifying Herman Cain's behavior, but the media acts like he is the first womanizing politician. They willingly forget that Clinton had many scandals during his run for office and while he was in office. What...
by Holle Abee5 years ago
I'm really on the fence with this. Part of me says that if 4 women are making these claims, there has to be something to it. But the "victim" who's been the most vocal seems like sort of a nut, and I read that...
by PJ Jones5 years ago
I was going to do a Hub on this idiot pertaining to his ignorance and letting himself be used. Maybe, he's the genius and we're the idiots. How can anyone take this man serious? He's a joke..an...
by Holle Abee6 years ago
Republican from GA. Conservative. African American businessman. Anyone know much about him?
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.