jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

My Libertarian Wall of Shame

1. bgamall profile image84
    bgamallposted 5 years ago

For believing in spontaneous order, which, when gone bad results in racism and a credit crisis, you have my Libertarian Wall of Shame:

Adam Smith

Carl Menger

Friedrich Hayek

Milton Friedman

John Stossel

David Stockman

Larry Summers

Ron Paul

Alan Greenspan

Peter Schiff

ludwig Von Mises

John Locke

Thomas Sowell

Murray Rothbard

Classic Liberalism is what is known today as libertarianism

1. 0
      icountthetimesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm not sure that people should be shamed for being libertarian, but we're all enttiled to our opinion smile. Regardless of what you think about Ron Paul for example, at least he sticks to his principles. Most democrats and republicans pay lip service to get elected, then act totally different when in power.

2. Ron Montgomery profile image61
      Ron Montgomeryposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Wow, you left off a very big name...

1. Evan G Rogers profile image83
        Evan G Rogersposted 5 years ago in reply to this

LOL, you ate that list up, didn't you?

Pssst - Alan Greenspan isn't a libertarian by any stretch of the imagination. Also, many of those names are of minorities!!

Wake up, you're being manipulated.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
          Ron Montgomeryposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Stockmen really isn't either, and Friedman actually grew out of it in his later years.  I was just put off that your name was noticeably absent.

3. Evan G Rogers profile image83
      Evan G Rogersposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The more you type, the more people realize you're not worth reading. It's very clear that you use Ron Paul's name to get people to read your articles/posts.

"Because something once led to racism in one or two cases, these people are all racists!!"

"I apparently lack understanding of basic causality! But that won't stop me!"

Dude, give it up. Half of those people were Jews, and many of them were ran from racists trying to murder them for being Jewish. And one of the members is black, Thomas Sowell.

WHAT THE F**KING HELL IS ALAN GREENSPAN'S NAME DOING ON THAT LIST!!! No self-respecting libertarian could EVER call the Master-Of-Deceit-and-Theft a Libertarian.

How in the hell could you possibly put Alan Greenspan on a list of libertarians?! How daft can you be?

Unbelievable.

Get your head out of your nether regions and quit equating "people are free" with "people are racists".

Jeezus Christ: you're equating John Locke with a racist? He pretty much founded the States' revolutions. Why isn't Thomas Paine up there? Or Thomas Jefferson?

There are so many names you COULD have put on there, but ignored.

2. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 5 years ago

The list is now complete...

working