jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Cynthia McKinney vs. Barack Obama

1. jdeschene profile image75
    jdescheneposted 8 years ago

Honestly, this election has me torn between democratic candidate Barack Obama and Green Party candidate Cynthia McKinney?

I'd love to hear from both McKinney and Obama supporters.  What do you think and both of these candidates and why are you choosing to support whoever you support?

2. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 8 years ago

I voted for (by mail) the 'Council of Foreign on Relations' (Obama), as compared to 'Skull & Bones' - (McCain), the lesser of two evils. Cynthia McKinney would be a vote of conscience for sure, an ethical judgement for personal benefit only.

3. kerryg profile image86
    kerrygposted 8 years ago

I would love to vote for a Green candidate, just on a general principle of support for third-party candidates, but Obama has the chance to be the first Democrat to win my district since JFK, and I'm not going to pass up the chance to be a part of that!

1. jdeschene profile image75
      jdescheneposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Interesting view point.  I can understand your feelings, although I probably wouldn't do the same.  Of course, I'll probably never have the opportunity to experience something like that.  Massachusetts always goes blue.