jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

What is the meanest thing someone has said to you?

1. MissJamieD profile image79
    MissJamieDposted 5 years ago via iphone

Someone very close to me told me that my biological father (whom I never met and he didn't know about me before he died) would never love me the way I am! Horrible!

How about you?

1. Ramsa1 profile image70
      Ramsa1posted 5 years ago in reply to this

An older first cousin whom I had not seem for about twenty years told me, "we are not family. We are two ships passing in the night." That was about fifteen years ago and I haven't seen or spoken to him since.

2. MelissaBarrett profile image60
    MelissaBarrettposted 5 years ago

My ex-husband told me that if he would have fathered our son (who later passed away)with another woman, then he would have been "normal".  This was while our little one was in the NICU.

1. TheMagician profile image94
      TheMagicianposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Oh my goodness, that's horrible! I could imagine how that felt... recently I had a little sister born and stuck in the NICU. My uncle told my mother that "the reason your baby is dying is because you're horrible and God is punishing you." She ended up passing away. Even though it wasn't directed towards me, that really hit home hard!

3. MissJamieD profile image79

Melissa that is horrible I'm sorry!

1. MelissaBarrett profile image60
      MelissaBarrettposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Your's wasn't very nice either MissJamieD and I'm sorry you had to listen to that as well.  People can be cruel.  It helps if you think of it as a reflection on the person who said it, rather than on yourself.

4. MissJamieD profile image79

Thank you, you're right about it being about the other person. I didn't believe what they said for a second but initially it hurt and provoked me to question myself.

working