jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

The Obamas to vacation in Hawii

1. tobey100 profile image61
    tobey100posted 4 years ago

the Obamas will be vacationing in Hawaii while we stay home.  Does he deserve a vacation?  Sure.  To soften the blow Obama allows he will be footing the bill for the beach-front residence which costs $3,500 per day.  The Obamas will be staying 17 days for a total cost of $59,500.  Not too bad really for a Presidential vacation until you look at the details which, of course, he's hoping we won't.

Honolulu Police Department estimated overtime  -  $350,000
       (ps  they still haven't been reimbursed from
        last years vacation)

Air Force One round trip to and from Hawaii  -  $1,000,000

3 USAF C-17 cargo planes to and from Hawaii  -  $420,000

Secret Service/Navy Seal lodging at $1,250/day  -  $21,250

24 staff member lodgin at $400/day for 17 days  -  $163,200

Off-shore Coast Guard cruiser plus 2 smaller patrol boats  -  $500,000

Obama cost  -  $59,500

Taxpayer cost  -  $2,454,450

Obama is oblivious to what happens in the real world.  His actions display a total lack of respect for the average American citizen.  King and Queen Obama are jetting to Hawaii on our dime for around $2.6 million (my bad....they are chipping in about $60,000).  My boys are getting new underwear and socks from Target for around $10.20

1. couturepopcafe profile image60
      couturepopcafeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Why on earth does this man need yet another vacation?  Has anyone seen the ads Michelle is running online?  I get it as an ad on my comcast homepage.  It's essentially a sign-up sheet to support him in the next election.  I'll give them that much - they are social network saavy.

1. tobey100 profile image61
        tobey100posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Jez, I get the ads and emails constantly even though I actively campaign on line, in six blogs and 4 newspapers against his re-election.

2. Disappearinghead profile image87
      Disappearingheadposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Makes Britain's Royal Familly look cheap as chips! smile

2. 0
    Longhunterposted 4 years ago

They're just providing more ammo to use against them during the election. November, 2012 is looking better and better all the time.

3. Rochelle Frank profile image88
    Rochelle Frankposted 4 years ago

Maybe they could rent out the White House while they are away to make up some of the difference.
    Queen Elizabeth is going to rent out some of her properties to help the cash flow in her country