New Game From The Hood - "Knockdown"

Jump to Last Post 51-58 of 58 discussions (568 posts)
  1. Dakota-brown profile image60
    Dakota-brownposted 12 years ago

What terrifies me more is that when the say "Got a cigarette" I'll have to say "No, I don't"
    I can just imagine how disappointed they would be.
    I hate disappointing people.

2. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 12 years ago

the videos don't support the proposed arguments

3. Hollie Thomas profile image60
    Hollie Thomasposted 12 years ago

@Feenix,

Exactly, the lengths an ignoramus will go to for attention. Re: this thread! smile

1. feenix profile image58
      feenixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hollie, actually, this thread is a desperate cry for help. He is obviously on the verge of falling down and not being able to get up.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
        Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Feenix, I think this guy fell down years ago and has lived in a state of denial. Pity is probably the best emotion I can summon.

1. S Leretseh profile image60
          S Leretsehposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Holly, don't you have some cookies to bake? 

Mr. feenix, I dropped over to your profile pg and then a few of your hubs.  I have to say that on the score of  conservativeness and Christianity we are allies.  I am very impressed with your stated  values. However, we do seem to part company on the issue of black victimization in America (pre 1964 & post).  On this I confess I am an idealist / ideologue.

S Leretseh, I have spelled your name correctly haven't I? At least I could never accuse you of being a sexist ass, too.

1. paradigmsearch profile image59
              paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You are quite feisty today... big_smile

And this surprises you? big_smile

2. feenix profile image58

I know about this real-good ointment that you can apply to your scraped-up knuckles.

1. paradigmsearch profile image59
              paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm betting on Hollie. big_smile

You are a sensible man PDS. lol

3. feenix profile image58

No, you are not an "idealogue" when it comes to your views about blacks. You are are a person who needs to take some college-level courses in anthropology, sociology and psychology.

And yes, I am a stone-cold, hard-core "black conservative" and a profoundly-devout Christian.

No, you are not an "idealogue" when it comes to your views about blacks. You are are a person who needs to take some college-level courses in anthropology, sociology and psychology.

Absolutely +1.

Why thank you very much, Hollie.

You're welcome Feenix, your comments were a big splash of common sense.

I just returned from reading your profile, reviewing the titles of the hubs you have posted and reading your hub entitled, "How To Make Home Bath Remedies and Herbal Hair Rinses."

And after doing those things, I quickly made the decision to sign on as a follower of your hubs.

You are an excellent writer and I am very pleased to have made your acquaintance. Already, I consider you to be one of my good friends here on HubPages.

2. uncorrectedvision profile image61
      uncorrectedvisionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Think for a moment how much gets revealed and discussed in one of these long threads.  It is, at the least, interesting.  Otherwise, why do so many continue to hang on and respond?

I take your point, UCW. Can't help like feeling I've taken the bait by responding, though. wink

1. uncorrectedvision profile image61
          uncorrectedvisionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If anyone depends on an internet forum for assurance or affirmation than they are worthy of our pity not our vitriol.

Agreed. smile

1. couturepopcafe profile image60
              couturepopcafeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I still don't see why you all hate this guy so much.  Aside from the fact that he showed some horror videos, his opinion is as justified, IMO, as anyone elses.  Maybe you know something I don't but the folks here claiming to be devout Christians sure have a funny way of showing it.

I don't hate this guy, I don't hate anyone. I do find the posters views unbalanced and one sided. There are lots of examples of racism from all groups in society, but the OP has chosen to highlight racism from one quarter and the links and sources are questionable to say the least. The language he used is sensationalist, that which you would expect from the gutter tabloid press. Warning Mr/Mrs white to be wary, I'm paraphrasing here, that may not be the exact quote he used. I'm also an atheist and have never claimed to be a christian.

Then I guess you had no need to reply.

I didn't need too, I wanted to.

4. feenix profile image58
    feenixposted 12 years ago

Personally, I could not care less that a group of mere human beings once wrote that "All men are created equal."

No one, nor any entity, ever has to tell me that, because I have always known that I am "equal" and will continue to feel that way, no matter what. 

And just because someone or some group does not treat me as an "equal," that does not mean a damn thing. It merely indicates that there are some very stupid and ignorant mutha fu_kas in this world.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image65
      Ralph Deedsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ok. No problemo.

2. couturepopcafe profile image60

Go, feenix!  Keep up the good 'Devout Christian' work!

I am a "Mere Christian human being," not a saint or an angel. Therefore, I cuss, I smoke cigarettes, I chase skirts ...

The thing is I have an unwavering belief that both the Immaculate Conception and Holy Resurrection actually happened, and that Jesus died on The Cross for everyone's sins -- and all of that makes me a "devout Christian."

5. S Leretseh profile image60
    S Leretsehposted 12 years ago

The fact is, achieving dignity and equality, these attributes cannot be bestowed on one people by another people.

Regarding the Declaration of Independence, and the subsequent war for independence, it was fought for, and for the exclusive benefit of, white Christian males (again, this is completely consistent with human history).

“All Men are Created Equal”

Jefferson wrote these words to address the issue of the English aristocracy, who claimed privileges solely based on birth right. This phrase had nothing to do with race. It had to do with people who claimed the right to permanently fix members of their own group to a subordinate status. In other words, members of the aristocracy ruled and were given opportunities to earn wealth based on their birth. But it had always been that way. All societies in Europe (including Russia) were run by an aristocracy. Well, the white Christian males in America decided to defy history. Bully for them. They won the war, claimed land and established their society, where no one had birth rights to power and privileges. But this concept did not extend to the Negro race (the Founding Fathers made that known when they defined a citizen  in 1790--one of the very first act of congress). The organizing Document the American Founding Fathers created was for ONE people, ONE male group (white, Christian males). In other words, equality (as it was loosely defined) was only meant to exist with the confines of America’s dominate male group (white Christian males).

The 14th Amendment was designed so blacks could have K rights in America and be able to exist as ONE people...FREE to build their own living arrangements --nothing more. It's been greatly expanded on since.  Funny how people, given time, can make words mean whatever they want them to mean. The existence of the 15th Amendment was punishment for the southern states' intransigence toward agreeing to the 14th Amendment.

Jefferson said "all men." Are you saying that blacks aren't men? Or that they aren't equal? Although it's true that slavery still existed when he said it and women were chattel, the current interpretation of "all men" includes everyone--one person, one vote, all equal before the law (not fully realized), all equal before God, and so forth.

You clearly don't agree. Please explain who is more equal and who is less equalin your mind and why?

1. bill yon profile image72
        bill yonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Black Man here, from the hood, and I can tell you for a fact that this KNOCKDOWN game does not exist. I should know, because I am black and live in the hood. Racist people, Ralph Deeds, do not see anybody from another race as men/women.  We are all supposed to be primates that are still evolving into men. So in the eyes of  a lot of white people black people are not really human. Its called  the theory of  evolution, this is now being taught in school as facts. You cannot  argue with a racist about anything because racist was raised  by  racist  to be racist. As a  black man in America I do not worry are feed into the hate because it has been there all of my life and will be there after I am dead and gone. Racism is the real face of America. All you have to do is look at the legal system to see that.

1. John Holden profile image60
          John Holdenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

But surely as we are all descended from Africans (Black people)if Black people are not really human then White people are even less than human?

2. Ralph Deeds profile image65

I don't disagree except in my lifetime I've seen racism decline. But there's plenty of it left.

Bigotry, which often comes in the form of racism, has never decreased among human beings. The level of racism is just high today as it was at the "beginning of time."

It is just that presently and here in the U.S., a number of legal measures have been installed by government, and are being enforced by government, to combat discrimination, segregation and other forms of racism.

Thus, in my opinion, it would have been more accurate to say that during your lifetime you have seen such things as institutionalized discrimination and racial segregation decline. But, on the other hand, there has been no decline in the high degrees of racism and other forms of bigotry that exists in the hearts of many, if not most, human beings.

feenix - I'm not quite sure how you know how much bigotry resides in the hearts of many, if not most human beings.  Maybe it's because you're such a devout Christian that you have it on higher authority.  If one person has raised his level of awareness regarding bigotry and racism, than the world has improved.  I, therefore, have improved the world.  I know of others in my 'tribe' who have done so.  A a man thinketh.....and all that.  Sadly, thinking like your last comment perpetuates the problem as you see it.

bill yon - White woman here.  What's lower on the societal evolutionary scale? A woman.  All skill sets being equal, a black man will likely get the job before a woman of any color.  I'm just saying.  Just thought I'd throw it into the mix.

Bigotry has declined. There are a number of measurements  such as inter-racial dating and marriage that indicate a decline in bigotry as well as events such as the election of Barack Obama which indicate this.

Why do you suppose there are so many 50+ blacks and 50+ whites with such physical characteristics as very light complexions and tight curly hair respectively?

I'll tell you why.

Blacks and whites have been making whoopee with each other since long before contemporary times. It is just that "back in the day," so-called racial mixing was almost always carried out on the "Q.T."

And look at the world as a whole. Why do such people as southern Europeans, Arabs, Hispanics and Polynesians look the ways that a great many of them do?

The answer is, because of the widespread racial mixing that initially began taking place many centuries ago.

There is nothing new under the sun, as they say. Thus, there is not really anything new about the considerable number of "visible mixed couples" that you see strolling around in society today.

And so far as the election of Barack Obama, that did not grow out of a reduction of racism among whites. It grew out of the rapidly-escalating levels of stupidity that is taking place among much of that group, as well as many others.

6. rbe0 profile image61
    rbe0posted 12 years ago

This thread is both misleading and promotes misunderstanding, racial conflict and racism in general. I have no idea why it hasn't been taken down yet.

OP should be ashamed of himself.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's nothing new for the OP...

2. S Leretseh profile image60
      S Leretsehposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"promotes misunderstanding,"

There's no misunderstanding about who is doing the sucker punching and beatdowns...and that in EVERY case it is racially motivated. I have many more of these links.

"racial conflict"

There is also no question as to which racial group is provoking racial conflict.  I also have no doubt that white people will suck this stuff up,  as they have done for over 45 years.  If just ONE black male was revealed to be the recipient of a sucker punch kncockdown,  then beat to death by a racist group of whites,  it would be instant national news.    Blacks continue to get a pass on their racism and hateful violence.

580,000 white victims of black violence in 2005 (in just ONE year!--link on pg 1)

90% of the cross racial violence in America in 2005 was committed by blacks and their victims were white.

"[thread promotes] racism in general"
      Laughable.

My concern here is that the racist knockdowns and beatdowns are growing in popularity.  I gave everyone enough examples to show that 1) they are all recent racial hate attacks ; 2) the attacks cover every geographic region in America. Here are two more:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-R-lOGx … re=related
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb_HcZDu … re=related
      There are many of these.  How many do you insensitive people want to demonstrate a problem exists? How many white victims will it take to satisfy you?

You liberals should ALL be ashamed of yourselves!

A bully does not stop being a bully because you ignore him. I'll come back to this thread next December and give everyone an up-date on the knockdowns and beatdowns for 2012

Get a life.

Get yourself a girl friend or a boy friend (Sorry, but I do not know what your "sexual orientation" is).

Start having a little fun in life and cut out this obsessing over what a relative handful of "ghetto snipes" are out there doing.

Furthermore, if you are so concerned about "innocent people getting sucker punched by others," then why aren't you writing about all of the poor people who are being exploited, abused, ripped off and sent to early graves by such gigantic and profitable outfits as Tyson Chicken and Armour Meats?

1. John Holden profile image60
          John Holdenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hear hear!

+++

+++ We're obviously wasting our time on this guy!

2. couturepopcafe profile image60

Laretseh - feenix actually had one good idea.  Why not take it upon yourself, with all serious intention, to draw this matter to the attention of the media in some way?  The legitimate media.  If you've managed to find this many videos, you could send them to one of the national news stations and get this in front of them.  I've never seen any of this stuff on the news but you've got video to prove it exists.  I do agree with one thing though, as terrible as it might seem.  Racists continue to get a pass because of the past.

1. rbe0 profile image61
          rbe0posted 12 years agoin reply to this

i recommend that the OP do this immediately.

3. feenix profile image58

Look, we are all big boys and big girls here, meaning that we are quite capable of arriving at out own conclusions, opinions and insights.

Thus, when someone publishes a thread that is both stupid and dumb, it does not have any impact on most of us. The only types that it influences to harbor negative views towards blacks are dimwits who have suffered some serious brain damage somewhere along their way.

7. junko profile image69
    junkoposted 12 years ago

If S Leretseh is truly blinded by racial hate why reply for so long? These many responses will not discouraged, but will encourage. Streakers run naked to be notice,because otherwise they would not be seen.

True. Good point.

8. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 12 years ago

Its obvious to the conciencious mind that there's more racism in this thread than in all of society ......On both sides of the mirror!  I think i'll loook elsewhere for my answers!

The truth is racism and other forms of bigotry are realities of life that will never cease to exist.

And so far as seeking the answers to how such things as irrational suspicion and hatred of others and the prejudgement of others can be stopped, there are no answers.

This world is what it is and it is not going to be a loving and peaceful place until Kingdom Comes.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)