jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Ashes of fallen Air Force troops dumped in landfill:

1. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 5 years ago

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/nat … story.html

How do you feel about this? I think it's a horrendous treatment of the remains of our soldiers.

1. psycheskinner profile image81
      psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think the resulting investigation had a satisfactory outcome.

2. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

The Air Force said it first cremated the remains and then included those ashes in larger loads of mortuary medical waste that were burned in an incinerator and taken to a landfill. Incinerating medical waste is a common disposal practice but including cremated human ashes is not, according to funeral home directors, regulators and waste haulers 

Disgraceful, and very sad.

1. gmwilliams profile image84
      gmwilliamsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

This is beyond horrific- this is an extremely insidious act.   There should be a thorough investigation with just penalities applied to the perpetrators of this egregious act!    Our fallen heroes deserve the UTMOST respect and privileges- they gave their lives for this great country!

1. wordscribe43 profile image92
        wordscribe43posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Couldn't have said it better myself.  Can you even imagine how these families must feel?  You'd be LIVID!  How awful to take away their chance to have a proper burial.

2. psycheskinner profile image81

There was. The investigation, punishments and reinstatement of whistle-blowers finished a few months ago which is why these findings became public. This is in the article.

3. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Just the title alone of this thread makes it very sad.

4. Evan G Rogers profile image81
    Evan G Rogersposted 5 years ago

I think it shows that this whole "support our troops" crap is gibberish.

Support the troops by bringing them home "as soon as the boats can get there" - Ron Paul 2012.

1. psycheskinner profile image81

This problem has been corrected and is no longer happening.  It is terrible that it ever did, but it doesn't any more.  So, in a way the system worked. the whistle was blown, the perpetrators found and fired.

1. rebekahELLE profile image91
        rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That doesn't take away the extreme sadness and injustice done to these fallen troops, human beings, and their families and loved ones. When I heard it briefly on the news this morning, I couldn't believe I heard what I heard.

It should have never, ever happened. Period.

2. Ron Montgomery profile image60
      Ron Montgomeryposted 5 years ago in reply to this

How should we dispose of the ashes of Ron Paul's campaign?

working