jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (15 posts)

RIP Freedom, you were loved!

1. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 5 years ago

I don't know how the heck something like this could even make it into the imaginations of politicians let alone into a bill that could be passed today. http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/blo … _blog.html

Pack your bags, gitmo is waiting with an empty room just for you. And it takes a comedian to be the one to speak out against it?!?! Like my title says, rest in peace freedom, you were loved and will be missed.... sad

Saudi Arabia is looking nice this time of year roll

Ok, rant over.....

1. habee profile image89
      habeeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the link. We've been discussing this on another thread. I find it very disturbing that 93 senators voted for this and that Obama wanted to remove the section that protects American citizens. If he doesn't veto this, I hope he loses 2012 in a landslide - provided that whoever wins is against S1867. I wish the issue would come up in a GOP debate.

kirstenblogposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Which thread? I had a look before I posted this one but didn't see anything that seemed to be about this, tho I could have missed it smile

I think I have found it now, must have fallen off the radar when I went looking before smile

2. Quilligrapher profile image90
      Quilligrapherposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You are urged to sign this petition to President Obama now: https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions/% … hank-you=p
      2,752 signatures so far / 22,248 to go!

Great link! I hope others will sign it as well! Now to remember my last zip code before I moved abroad so I can create an account to sign with cool

2. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 5 years ago

I'm with ya girl, let's hit the pedal

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/5869729_f248.jpg

:0

hope your day gets better!  smile

3. bbnix profile image59
    bbnixposted 5 years ago

This is where change begins, in public forums, and today's is as powerful as ever. Keep up the great work. Writers are always at the leading edge of change.....bravo....

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/5869812_f248.jpg

4. profile image0
    oldandwiseposted 5 years ago

Amazing a bill proposed by a democrate and republican. (mccain)

5. PaulaHenry1 profile image68
    PaulaHenry1posted 5 years ago

I cannot believe this is even an option and that the Government is agreeing to halt all that America is...IF and it's a questionable if, Obama is wise, he will veto.

6. GoGreenTips profile image59
    GoGreenTipsposted 5 years ago

I looked up the bill and read the language on it, and I encourage everyone that is concerned about it to read it exactly as is rather than to rely on interpretations. Library of congress will have the bill in its entirety. The bill is confusing frankly I can see how the opposing ideologies can see what they want to see in the bill. The most fearful part of the bill is the language that states until hostilities cease, which could until someone passes a new bill would keep this country in a perpetual state of war, and since war was never declared which congress should do anyway is crazy.

We unfortunately over legislate everything liberals and conservatives. I see what the proponents of the bill are saying, I mean if a citizen of the US helps the enemy he/she should be subject to military courts, but as I stated in the previous paragraph war hasn't been declared so why do we need this legislation...sounds fishy to me or a total waste of time...

7. barryrutherford profile image30
    barryrutherfordposted 5 years ago

First they did it with Aliens & now the Citizens of USA

What happened to the 800 year legal principle called Habeus Corpus?

1. habee profile image89
      habeeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Looks like it's suffering a tragic death.

A sad and scary state of affairs sad

2. Quilligrapher profile image90
      Quilligrapherposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It's beginning to look as if the Habeus is now a corpus!

working