jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Contradiction At It's Best

1. ShawnB2011 profile image59
    ShawnB2011posted 4 years ago

Just an observation I have made regarding those bashing the government and also bashing the media as well. For one, it is a total contradiction to pose your views about what goes on in the world and then say the media is corrupt and bought. If you truly think the media is corrupt then why believe everything they report and then start bashing the government because of the information received from the news that you yourself admit to being corrupt? Doesn't make sense to me. All your ideals, recommendations and backseat driving comments( " If I were president I would...") stem from what you see and read from the media  but yet you say they are corrupt, so why base all your thoughts and opinions on what they say?

In other words, if a friend of yours that you do not trust and has proven to lie, you wouldn't believe all the crap that is flying out of his mouth and base any rational thought behind what he says then base a hub about it would you? Of course not. Its the same thing, either you trust the media and what they say or you don't. If you don't, then don't base or stem all your views from what they say. If you do, then by all means base your opinion accordingly. Just sayin... smile   

I know, I know, Freedom of Speech... you can say what you want and all that crap. Just find it funny how people express their opinions and thoughts about certain topics and also bash the media for being corrupt in which they got their info from in the first place. lol.

1. recommend1 profile image69
      recommend1posted 4 years ago in reply to this

If you don't get your opinions etc from the media, either for or against, then where do you get your news and ideas from ?

2. ahorseback profile image54
    ahorsebackposted 4 years ago

Shawn , The American Media today . having 'evolved' from it's sensationalistic ragtime dime novel days ,  should be Far, far more nuetral in its presentations ! Not ! Thats my problem, believe me ,I read at least one newspaper a day , browse the internet , listen to NPR ......on and on ...and I beleve our media is regressing to something, someplace  of pure and complete idiousy !

3. 0
    oldandwiseposted 4 years ago

Ahorseback I would have to agree. They're interested more in promoting their party then reporting. Not so much accurate news as racing for the best rating and commercial contributors. You have to use every source of media to come to your own conclusions.

4. ahorseback profile image54
    ahorsebackposted 4 years ago

And there is the answer my friend , boil it on down to truth !