jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Breeding doners

1. Captain Redbeard profile image60
    Captain Redbeardposted 5 years ago

Just watched the movie, "My Sisters Keeper" with my wife. I also found out that Jodi Piccoltis novel, from which this movie was based on, was based on a multitude of stories like this where parents of sick children have another for "spare parts"

Is it ok to grow a child in a dish to percise spcifications in order to harvest organs? Why or whynot?

2. EmpressFelicity profile image83
    EmpressFelicityposted 5 years ago

You don't need to breed doners, just go to your local kebab shop lol

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Q5Iop_wcPf4/S_AEIYWTG_I/AAAAAAAAAJ4/Ws_91nIPbx8/s1600/doner%2Bkebab.jpg

Captain Redbeardposted 5 years ago in reply to this

WWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT is that?!

1. EmpressFelicity profile image83
        EmpressFelicityposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you lol lol

It's a doner kebab. Well to be more exact, it's the reconstituted meat that will end up making many doner kebabs. You see them in kebab shops*, rotating slowly around their skewer, being kept at a temperature that makes them just hot enough to eat... and provide a home for lots of lovely bacteria.

I ate many of these as a student, after going out for a drink (or several). I would never touch one now - they're a food poisoning outbreak waiting to happen!

*Edit: I see you're from the US... perhaps you don't have kebab shops over there??

I have heard of them, falafel too...spelling* but have never had them. There are street venders in New York and such where these foods are found and I am sure I good go down to the various markets of the world down on Sullivent ave. and find some but I have to admit, the temptation to eat these foods has never struck me.

I grew up eating italian mostly. Clams, pasta, veal, chicken and such. I can't say this meat on a stick thing looks a appetizing as Stuffed Chicken Parmesan! big_smile

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/5886193_f248.jpg

3. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

I think you are asking in a rather biased way if you assume they have a child just to "harvest organs".  It isn't like they can take the heart and throw the rest of the baby away.  Often what is used is something like cord blood.

*donors

You might want to watch the film in which this forum is relation to before yu post on it.

1. psycheskinner profile image80
        psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have and it does not relate to "organs".  I also thought you wanted to discuss the real word situation.  But if you just want people to agree with your outrage based on seeing a fictional weepy movie, well... I'll leave you to it.

I'm outraged? Didn't the entire movie encompass around Abigail Bresslen's kidney? lol Anyway, "leaving me to it" might be in your best interest before more of your foot is eaten by your mouth.

working