Mercy killing

1. geetbhim profile image61
    geetbhimposted 4 years ago

EUTHANASIA - The word is derived from two Greek words Eu-well and thanatos-death which mean "a good death".
    The term is usually used in medical context. It is the practice of mercifully terminating life when a person is hopelessly ill or death.Prolonged hospitalization or being bed ridden for a long time causes lot of problems and long time causes lot of problems and inconveniences not only to the patient but inconveniences not only to the patient but to others too besides escalating cost.

Share you view or what is your opinion about "mercy killing". It should be encouraged or should be banned.

2. 0
    icountthetimesposted 4 years ago

It already is banned in most countries. I think it depends what angle you're coming at it from. If people are religious I can understand them taking issue with it. However, for those who have seen the suffering that people can go through in their dying days, I'm sure they will more often than not offer a different view. I do think that the person experiencing the suffering should be able to have some say in these matters. It's their life.

3. LeanMan profile image82
    LeanManposted 4 years ago

If the person is suffering and wants to end the suffering then I see no reason not to help them, especially if there is no cure for what they have and they have zero quality of life..
    My ex's father had lung cancer and was in extreme pain towards the end and was really suffering - he begged me to give him an overdose of his pain killer and I did - I don't feel bad about doing it, the doctor had already said that he could not last more than 2 or 3 days, he could barely breath, could not move and was in constant pain - no one should have to suffer like that ever!!