jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

How protected are U.S. Shores?

1. romper20 profile image88
    romper20posted 4 years ago

When it comes to biological, chemical, cyber, or an invasion of any sort how protected is the U.S. at any given moment in your opinion.

1. Evan G Rogers profile image83
      Evan G Rogersposted 4 years ago in reply to this

When it comes to neo-nazi alien muslim anti-freedom nuclear evil lecherous zombie mummies from Planet Alpha Centauri X5832, how does America fare?

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

More protected than the citizens. lol

1. romper20 profile image88
      romper20posted 4 years ago in reply to this

wonderful comment i am with you

1. Cagsil profile image83
        Cagsilposted 4 years ago in reply to this

On a serious note, our borders are very well protected, from connected countries not so much, considering Mexico, Cuba and Canada citizens can enter this country so easily. Not to mention, Mexico has a great number of tunnels built hundreds of years ago, for sneaking in slaves and other things, like weapons and drugs.

Domestic protection is pretty much a joke, but then again, that falls on the ignorance of the citizens more than it does on the government's inability to police cities, towns and states.

External threats, which can create major damage, such ICBMs coming toward America from other sources...well I think our military is probably prepared to deal with these sort of threats better than the average person thinks.

1. 61
          geordmcposted 4 years ago in reply to this

With 12 million illegal immigrants in this country our borders simply are NOT protected. When law enforcement tries to do their job the officers can and have been prosecuted for doing their jobs. So they are afraid to and I don't blame them.

3. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 4 years ago

Apropos or not, the pentagon, as the most protected building in the world, was hit by a passenger jet or missile, depending on one's point of view, on 9/11.

4. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

No country with a large coast line is always watching any significant proportion of it.  In reality you can walk, sail or fly into most countries at will.

5. Xenonlit profile image61
    Xenonlitposted 4 years ago

I had to hit Wikipedia to confirm that we have 19,924 miles of shoreline. No way can we keep an eye on that.

As for people who enter by land, I hold no hope of sealing our borders.

As for people entering our ports of entry, I give up.

California is a fine example of the fact that we are a very porous and very loose nation with far too many illegal immigrants of all races, nationalities and color.

Our threats are not just in terms of chemical or other attacks. We have economic attacks and raids on our intellectual and strategic property too. I feel for anyone who has had a patent or artistic work ripped off.

It is a complex set of issues but I say "no".