jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Freedom to speak!

1. bellawritter23 profile image81
    bellawritter23posted 5 years ago

Judgement? Who are we to judge a living being for their thoughts and thinking process? We are all entitled to speak on behalf of what we stand to believe. If we were to stay quiet and all agree and have the same thinking process we would be living in a robotic world, where we all conformed to the same way of living/thinking! Opinions, views, outlooks, beliefs, and what ever else you want to include should not triger disapproval towards the other. What is the purpose of living in a silent world where we cannot voice what we feel needs to be heard? What one may justify the other may not... WHO CARES! Why drive your positive energy mad?

For every brick that is thrown, be sure to pick it up and build a firm foundation!

Don't let people drive you crazy when you know it's in walking distance!

Although this topic may be double standard, these are just my thoughts!

Smile everyone its the next best thing we could do with our lips!

1. Evan G Rogers profile image82
      Evan G Rogersposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Remember this the next time you hear a politician vote to spend your tax money in any way you wish it were not spent.

bellawritter23posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I will be glad to voice my opinion! Weather it be positive or negative there will always be a person to concur or counter act.. Its still voicing your opinion. There are just others who strongly debate ones thoughts/thinking and or opinion!

1. Evan G Rogers profile image82
          Evan G Rogersposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If you have the freedom to speak, do you also have the freedom to act? Or is the freedom to speak unenforceable for the weak?

For example: I don't agree with about 75% of what our federal government does, and I speak out against it.

However, if I refuse to pay taxes, I will go to jail.

Is the right to act an extension of the right to speech?

1. wilderness profile image96
            wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

While not exact, the two are very similar.  You may act in any way not forbidden by law, just as you may speak in any manner not forbidden by law.

The biggest difference is that are many, many laws forbidding certain actions, but only a few forbidding certain speech.

2. rbe0 profile image60
    rbe0posted 5 years ago

The constitution should be amended to include freedom of thought.

thought, speech, thinking, opinion, outlook, etc. etc. smile

3. profile image0
    Muldaniaposted 5 years ago

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and beliefs, and I agree it wouldn't be very interesting if everyone shared the same ones.  It is thought-proviking to encounter someone who dsagrees with your own views.

That’s where debate follows. Which is totally cool but when it leads to badgering and ridicule it takes it to a whole different level which sometimes is unnecessary.

4. psycheskinner profile image79
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

I think it is inevitable and not always bad that people will disapprove of what other people say sometimes.  Not their right to say it though--that is a separate matter.

Truly is inevitable!

working