jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (13 posts)

Are Americans Educated Enough On Politicians Especially Presidential

1. crazyhorsesghost profile image88
    crazyhorsesghostposted 4 years ago

With the 2012 Presidential Election coming soon just what do you really know about the candidates.

Eighty-four ethics charges were filed against Speaker Gingrich during his term. After extensive investigation and negotiation by the House Ethics Committee, Gingrich was sanctioned US$300,000 by a 395-28 House vote. It was the first time in history a speaker was disciplined for ethical wrongdoing.

And this is one of the men running for president.

Why would Americans even consider voting for a man like this. Why?

I find it interesting that the average American does not do research before they pick political candidates to vote for especially for candidates running for the President of the United States.

Sara Palin the darling of the Tea Party has a record that people should run from. But instead of looking up her record as mayor of Wasilla and later Governor of Alaska people run out to see her.

Check out the debt of Wasilla before Palin and after.

And this is the lady that preaches responsible spending. What they really mean is they don't want to spend money on the poor but they support their pet projects.

The Tea Party and good old president Obama also don't care about the American Dream. They don't care about the really serious problems facing our country. They care about the political issues they want to push.

What about NAFTA my fellow Americans and what it has done to the USA. Guess what I just set and listened to CNN and FOX and NAFTA is not being mentioned by any political candidate. How can they not care about what NAFTA did to whole regions of the American South. President Clinton is guilty of this as are many Republicans. 

How can the average American not demand that America be fixed. But no all we get is more spin. I know its making me sick just listening to it. Hell I'll write in none of the above before I vote for any of these fine candidates from either party.

You know maybe we should start a write in campaign and elect " None Of The Above " to office. This would wake them up. But the average American is going to listen to the spin and vote for one of these politicians who clearly are lost and really don't care about America and the problems facing it. Wake up America before it is to late.

2. maxoxam41 profile image79
    maxoxam41posted 4 years ago

Americans educated is already an oxymoron, no interest to go further in my thinking process

3. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 4 years ago

Its all fixed. Anyone with an IQ higher than 50 is excluded from the political process. Wait and see what they do to Ron Paul.

crazyhorsesghostposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ron Paul is probably the best candidate out there but will they even give him a chance. I think Obama will win again but I won't vote for him. I can see Newt being nominated but if they do its a wasted election. At least I hope so. I can't see the American people being that stupid.

1. Evan G Rogers profile image84
        Evan G Rogersposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The only hope that the Republicans have this time around is to have Ron Paul on the ticket.

1. Paul Wingert profile image80
          Paul Wingertposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'll back Ron Paul in the Republican run.

4. Kim Cantrell profile image60
    Kim Cantrellposted 4 years ago

I think in the past, the general population has been apathetic when it came to elections.  Votes were placed based on good looks, peer popularity, and campaign techiness (Facebook, mobile apps, etc).

But these last few years have been very shaky.  The media is constantly harping about the economic crisis affecting America but the collapses or near collapses of other nations is making even the younger Americans realize it CAN and MAY happen.   I don't think flashy campaigns or smooth talking is going to be what garners the vote this go around.

Of course, there is those who will vote with the youthful mindset and naivety.

If they can stop occupying long enough to go to the polls. smile

5. TMMason profile image76
    TMMasonposted 4 years ago

The Left wing useful idiots are in dire need of a re-education and lesson in reality.

6. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

I believe that we must do thorough research on our politicians before we elect to vote for them.   By thorough research, I read information beyond what our media presents.  The media only present the prevailing societal groupthink consensus, not reality.    We Americans must become more proactive regarding our political candidates.   

Many Americans elect our politicians based upon the cult of personality and toughness.   I remember in 1990s New York City when David Dinkins was our mayor, many people disliked him even though he was a fair and impartial mayor.  Then Rudolph Giuliani came to the scene.   He supported the police when they voice their dislike of Dinkins, even using strong epithetical language.  Mr. Giuliani presented himself as a "law and order mayor".  Well, the majority of New Yorkers fell for his tough guy persona- it worked!  Mr. Giuliani eventually became the mayor.  Even though he showed his stellar leadership in the 9/11 crisis( give the Devil his due), he divided the city by class and race even more than it had been divided before.  He even suggested that the homeless people should go to a warm climate and if they did not like it, too bad for them!  In conclusion, we should elect our politicians on the bases of humane, ethical, and enlightened principles.  Furthermore, a politician should be thoroughly impartial and not cater to special interest groups.

7. Cassie Smith profile image74
    Cassie Smithposted 4 years ago

Obviously not.  The majority of Americans made Obama president.

I think a lot of them were looking for any ship in a storm. But I think it has become painfully obvious to many Americans that neither the Democrats or Republicans are going to be able to help us.

The American dream needs to be restored and we need to worry about America first before we worry about any other country. Wake up America. Its later than you think.

8. Moderndayslave profile image61
    Moderndayslaveposted 4 years ago

We need to impose term limits on the whole lot of them.

That would be a great start.