China set to become the world power by 2020!!!

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (45 posts)
  1. Felixedet2000 profile image58
    Felixedet2000posted 12 years ago

With China set to overthrow the united sate of America by 2020 as the world's biggest economy what is the future of the world going to be like in the hands of China?

Will the world fair better under China than it did under America, because the change of baton is just few year ahead.

1. CyclingFitness profile image91
      CyclingFitnessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's been an almighty rise for the Chinese

I'm surprised at 2020, I would have thought much sooner

Felixedet2000posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Days are merely numbers, the times are almost here with us already.
        It is an amazing rise in the face of unstable global business environment.

2. Dave Mathews profile image61
      Dave Mathewsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Supposedly according to Myan predictions, the world will come to an end at
      21-21-2012; if this is true what happens to the prediction for 2020? We won't be here!

3. Josak profile image60
      Josakposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yeah the chinese controlled economy has been a massive success they will pass the US and as long as they keep to themselves and just do bussiness then they will be a million times better for the rest of the world than the US was.

2. Evan G Rogers profile image60
    Evan G Rogersposted 12 years ago

They've been saying this for some 5 decades.

"OH look, the world is going to explode, and we're going to run out of resources".

lol

China's global dominance is real, it is a great fit for them.

1. Evan G Rogers profile image60
        Evan G Rogersposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It isn't going to happen. Their government is too restrictive.

Once they open up much wider - MUCH WIDER - they'll have a chance.

They still can't even make cars that conform to 10 year old US safety regulations; they still have millions of poor without indoor plumbing; ghost towns (which make GDP look higher) abound en masse; and highways are still new to the Chinese - there are numerous accounts of people just running across 8 lane highways because "they have to cross the street".

1. CHRIS57 profile image59
          CHRIS57posted 12 years agoin reply to this

It is not what the status of China is right now. It is about the change rate.
          Although coming from very low level, the rate of change is impressive and can be clearly seen in everyday life.

Don´t underestimate them. The Chinese capital investment rate is much higher than its amortization rate. That alone expresses enough compared to the US economy (having a negative investment rate, assets deteriorating fastener than being replaced).

Once again, the Chinese government is too restrictive to allow any sort of massive revolution in power shift.

The only real way that China will take over is if the US continues to castrate itself with regulations and theft through a central bank.

Who says a power shift will be necessary. Chinese culture is driven by hierarchic Confucianism (keeping the communist party on top) and a touch of Daoism (which adds the glue of tolerance to society).
              Chinese people are very pragmatic (you may say, they don´t dream much) and there is a certain lack of creativity. But that is possibly what keeps them highly productive, not getting confused with many individual ideas.
              So for now they need the (still) creative western culture to produce ideas. The chinese economy will grow until they have to adopt western cultural habits to create their own ideas. But then it will be over with growth as usual. By then China will have passed the US GDP. 10 years to go, may be less.
              Better lean Chinese. Ni hau.

No, Chinese people are people, and they react to incentives just like everyone else on this planet (lest your opinions are actually based on racism).

China has very restrictive policies in place, and it will continue to keep their growth stifled with bubble after bubble.

I am not talking about people, i am talking about culture.
                  While western culture is much based on individuality, eastern culture is related to subordination in hierarchical structures. This may look strange to us westeners, especially Americans.
                  My personal experience with China goes back some 20 years. Much of what i witnessed   since then is perferctly described in an old book from Lin Yutang: "The Importance of Living".
                  All i know is that looking at different cultures on this planet from a western perspective doesn´t lead anywhere.

3. profile image0
    Muldaniaposted 12 years ago

The pollution caused by the county with the world's biggest population will be a huge problem for the entire world.  The coal power stations being built to keep up with this economic growth, means that China can no longer be seen from space because of the smog covering it.

America is number one emitter of green gases, What about this injustice:when the rich and develop countries that contribute to over 80% of global woman play with the issues of climate change and control!

China is not doing anything out of proportion.

2. profile image50
      Jesus was a hippoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hahaha that renders all those military satellites useless.

4. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 12 years ago

It has been predicted for a long time.   Since the demise of many of the old line communism, China has been veering towards capitalism and a market economy for quite a while.   Furthermore, Chinese children have more math, computer, and science expertise than our American children who are failling behind in such subjects.    What do you expect?  China is ready.   However, China does not have our illustrous democratic  tradition.   It has a very egregious history of civil rights violations, especially with the nation of Tibet..

One thing you have to understand is that all cultures and nations can not operate the same kind of governance and social institutions.

China is moving on.

5. GmaGoldie profile image81
    GmaGoldieposted 12 years ago

The impact of China will affect all of us. As they rise, the cost of luxury goods will rise also. I spoke with a fur company and the demand they are seeing already from China has affected their prices. The fashions will play this up and the expensive items will become even more sought after. It will be an interesting change to the world.

I have faith in the human race and pray that China will open their communications and allow the Internet so their people will be able to communicate with the rest of the world.

World peace remains my prayer. It is forums like these that showcases how similar we really are.

6. Doc Snow profile image90
    Doc Snowposted 12 years ago

I doubt China *will* be 'the world power' by 2020.

That nation's rise has been impressive, and the gains made are not just a fluke.  However, there will be trouble for China, too.  Pollution is a big problem--and one that they are working on, though this is not well-known here.  Still, it will be a drag on growth.  A sub-set of that will be continuing climate change--China has some serious vulnerabilities in that regard, and could see real food security issues because of drought and/or flooding, both of which are expected to become more frequent.  (Yes, I know that sounds like a paradox, but it's true.)

Also, China's political house is not in order.  Rising expectations combined with a repressive political structure (not to mention serious regional and religio-ethnic tensions) set the stage for serious civil unrest.  You can't say when it will break out, or just how serious it may be, but it's a real possibility, and one that could derail the 'Chinese express' for quite some time.

7. profile image49
    JBrennan4posted 12 years ago

I don't agree, what's the source? The economic advancement of Nations is similar to cutting a path through a thick jungle. America as a Nation has spent the last 70 years aggressively moving forward and carving their trail. Whereas China more recently stepped up their advancement, while they may be advancing faster than us we are still significantly ahead of them in the game .
    Source: too many Economics classes

1. profile image50

That may  true but when it comes to capital, western coutries have sent them trillions of pounds and dollars over the last few years of trading.

China is raking it in while western countries are in recession.

8. Hugh Williamson profile image76
    Hugh Williamsonposted 12 years ago

Ironically, those who have benefited most from the exploding Chinese economy (wealthy Chinese) see their future looking brighter elsewhere, especially in the U.S.

The basic freedoms that we take for granted are considered very precious to those who lack them, it seems.

http://news.yahoo.com/top-chinese-wealt … 26880.html

9. BfoBarney profile image59
    BfoBarneyposted 12 years ago

They won't be able to overthrow America without a fight and I'm pretty sure America has more allies then China, that's for sure.

10. Felixedet2000 profile image58
    Felixedet2000posted 12 years ago

you and i know the world is not ending so soon.

11. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

Let us cross our fingers that the Chinese government will gradually loosen its grip on the population so that economic growth and wealth, couple with the lack of liberty, will not lead to civil unrest or even worse

12. phillippeengel profile image82
    phillippeengelposted 12 years ago

This is where dilemma comes in: is a Communist government or a Democratic one better? Which governance ensures real prosperity for the country?

13. Cassie Smith profile image60
    Cassie Smithposted 12 years ago

I welcome the Chinese taking over in 2020.  Instead of American getting sucked into people's problems let them go to the Chinese and have them handle it.  I can't wait.

1. profile image50

Anyone would think that you want to ignore problems in the world as long as they're not on your doorstep and to hell with the opressed and the victims.

1. Cassie Smith profile image60
        Cassie Smithposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well doesn't the world think America is the one doing the oppressing right now?  I say it's China's turn.  Let's see if they feel better with China at the helm

1. profile image50

I think it is just nature and natural selection at its best. Everyone will always fight to have their say and make others do what they want wether it is Hitler, Churchill, Bush, Ghadafi, Obama.

Of course the dominant power will always win and the dominant power is, more often than not, the one with the most people in agreeance with it.

Since America is a democratic country, and such a large one at that, I cant see america losing the leading spot of the world anytime soon.

Dont forget, it is not just about one countries size, it is about the combined size of all their allies too.

America does not have allies.  The Europeans, Asians, South Americans have been chafing under our empire because of all the military bases that we have in their countries.  I suggest that the Chinese take over these bases.

1. profile image50

Tony Blair seemed to be under the impression that America and England were allies

President Obama behaves otherwise.

1. profile image50

I suppose it would depend on how you define "ally". This is a definition I got online just now;

Ally; A state formally cooperating with another for a military or other purpose, typically by treaty.

Yes, it is all just paper.

14. aware profile image65
    awareposted 12 years ago

china has highest unemployment in the world

15. phillippeengel profile image82
    phillippeengelposted 12 years ago

I think it has got to do with China having the world's largest population.

Exactly, they also have thew world's highest number of people that are employed, think about that too, not narrow minded.

I believe the rise of China will do the world a whole lot of good. In terms of morals, those guys are cool and i particularly like their simple life style.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)