jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Is Romney ahead on merit or?

1. 0
    oldandwiseposted 5 years ago

Watching the news each night on all the networks, it amazes me how Romney can even be ahead. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears he's trying to buy the presidency along with negative ads. He can't convince me, he has nothing to do with the ads running in Iowa. Romney gets on the airways and puts on this show of flag waving and really saying little. I don't like Gingrich but he at least was ahead in Iowa, before the negative ads, on pure Debate issues that he commanded for the most part. Romney appears to be big business, outbuy your competitors and you will win? What are your thoughts?

1. Mike Dale profile image80
      Mike Daleposted 5 years ago in reply to this

" Romney appears to be big business, outbuy your competitors and you will win?"
      Yep, corporate politician. Gingrich isn't that much different, other than he doesn't have the coin to spend like Romney does. But Gingrich has some serious ethics issues.

2. Ralph Deeds profile image68
      Ralph Deedsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Unfortunately that's the way politics works thanks to the Supreme Court which removed virtually all limits on campaign spending by corporations and "super pacs." However, IMHO, Romney is far preferable to Gingrich who has serious character and policy issues.

2. Moderndayslave profile image61
    Moderndayslaveposted 5 years ago

Is Romney even ahead? Ron Paul doesn't seem to be accepted by the establishment. Main stream media has lost their credibility with a lot of people whether they like it or not.
    Thank Fox's Chris Wallace for the latest example stating that if Ron Paul wins Iowa "It doesn't count"

1. ShawnB2011 profile image60
      ShawnB2011posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Mike, Don't they all have serious ethical issues? lol

1. Ralph Deeds profile image68

Gingrich has more than his share.

2. Ralph Deeds profile image68

The ultra conservative Republicans have an unfortunate disproportionate influence on the selection of their party's nominee. The opinions of Iowa Republicans turn off moderate and independent voters in many states. They are not at all representative of US voters as a whole.

working