War for richer or poorer?

1. 60
    Mneri05posted 4 years ago

How is it that this great country pulled itself out of the great depression by going to war and less than a century later is almost in one because of war. I am an all american thru and thru and do not have any ill feelings towards our troops or the sacrifices they have made.
    I am looking at this strictly from the point of view that something is not right for this war we have finally ended brought us to be so poor and jobless yet world war II brought us from the brink of crumble to powerful and working again. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated because I have yet to fully understand this.

2. Cassie Smith profile image76
    Cassie Smithposted 4 years ago

It wasn't the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq that made this country go through this financial catastrophe.  It was our own domestic policies.  You have heard of the Fannie Mae-Freddie Mac mortgage debacle?

1. 60
      Mneri05posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I have and in spite of that it feels like the war should have helped to balance things a little more efficiently. The struggles of the Depression were much greater than those we face today and the war changed that. What happened now when the banks still have the money yet the people do not. This country had no money then.
      Granted I am not well versed in politics or what money we owe what country I still see something very wrong with this picture