jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Political/Christian views

1. cafeteria profile image73
    cafeteriaposted 4 years ago

I think America would be better off, politically, if Christianity was a greater factor in their voting decisions.

1. leroy64 profile image81
      leroy64posted 4 years ago in reply to this

If people are actually living as Christians, wouldn't they just vote their convictions?   Perhaps this question is directed to people who attend church out of habit and do not have faith.

2. Evan G Rogers profile image83
      Evan G Rogersposted 4 years ago in reply to this

"Hey, let's make booze illegal!" => the mafia

"hey, let's all hate Gays" => tyranny over a minority

"Hey, let's all make sure that evolution isn't taught in schools" => idiocy

"Hey, let's all make sure that we have a centralized state that can dictate to everyone how they should run their lives!" => oppression.

2. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

And I don't. If people voted solely on their religious belief it would completely crush FREEDOM!

3. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 4 years ago

"Sioux City, Iowa, debating the possibility of Iran joining the world's nuclear weapons club. And all but one of them -- in that setting, or on other recent campaign stages -- threatened to launch a new Middle East war to keep that Islamic republic from becoming a nuclear power. Only Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, a long shot to win the GOP nomination, sounds like an adult when it comes to Iran." All Christians I assume except the Mormon,
    who all apparently love war. "Onward, Christian Soldiers".

4. mikelong profile image83
    mikelongposted 4 years ago

One's commitment to country and fellow citizens should always transcend an individual relationship with deity.

I am not a Christian, nor any other religious sect, and the last place I'd want to live is within a society dominated by someone elses spiritual ideologies.

Our nation is secular-ish...but needs to become further detached from the realm of religion.

5. mikelong profile image83
    mikelongposted 4 years ago

That's quite a generalization about centralization...