jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Finally, Justice for Stephen Lawrence in the UK

1. ElizaDoole profile image88
    ElizaDooleposted 5 years ago

Hi Hubbers,
    I felt compelled to write this hub today, for my international friends, who may not be aware of the depth of feeling in England about this verdict. It is huge news here today, and my version is not as long!

Don't know if I am allowed to post the link to my hub so I wont.

Most of all though, its about racism, and stating that it is very wrong, and loads of Brits think this way, but like everywhere we have some people we can't convince. Two, at least, are in jail for it, from today.

Eliza Doole

2. shea duane profile image60
    shea duaneposted 5 years ago

I just read about Stephen Lawrence and his case. I'm happy that he finally has some justice. Thank you for your post.

ElizaDooleposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You are most welcome! I wrote my hub on it yesterday, in an attempt to race the newshounds and finish before they were done! It is amazing how fast you can think when you write about something you really want to write about.

3. seanorjohn profile image81
    seanorjohnposted 5 years ago

Hope they catch the rest of the gang. The Lawrence family have waited a long time for justice. You could download a youtube video to your hub of Dobson's interview with the police where he refuses to answer any question.

THey are saying today that the police are going to keep looking into the rest of them. There are 3 prime suspects, and one article mentions a fourth. I mean, they were all there at the same time in a gang, so why only two prosecuted? That's is what we are all wondering in the UK.

4. Pearldiver profile image87
    Pearldiverposted 5 years ago

I think people from all over the world are pleased about this result, as it is just and shows the power of not giving up on something so important. Kudos to all who fought to get these scumbags! I'm sure the others will also be dealt with eventually.

Thanks, I think the mother, Doreen Lawrence, is an inspiration to all who desire justice. It was her tenacity and perseverance that made this happen.

5. seanorjohn profile image81
    seanorjohnposted 5 years ago

Well done Eliza for writing this hub about the terrible racial attack on an innocent guy. Why don't you put it up for revising in the cat " hub makeover" Hope I got that right. It might be "extreme hub make over." Best of luck.

Cheers! I will do. (Putting on my "brave face" now - lol!)

working