jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Mitt the Frontrunner...

1. steveamy profile image60
    steveamyposted 4 years ago

Why did the assembled field of Republican candidates give Newt such an easy time during tonight's debate?

1. steveamy profile image60
      steveamyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Actually,. I meant Mitt not Newt.....sorry, I was bored senseless by the debate hence the error...

2. Perspycacious profile image75
    Perspycaciousposted 4 years ago

Trying to impact the surprising Santorum and cope with the heavily invested Huntsman and front runner Romney.  You can't fight everyone at the same time.

3. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 4 years ago

I figured Mitt was going to be bloodied in tonight's debate, but he was barely touched. Maybe they're keeping their powder dry for the Sunday morning debate.

1. mom101 profile image61
      mom101posted 4 years ago in reply to this

No, Mitt is their favorite. They will do what it takes to make the others look bad, and him to look good.

For me, he seemed to be the least qualified on that stage.

1. Jeff Berndt profile image92
        Jeff Berndtposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Mitt isn't everyone's favorite:
        the big government conservatives don't like him much at all.

And hilariously, Newt's ads in SC are attacking Romney for *gasp* being able to speak French. This is especially hilarious because Newt's doctoral dissertation was on education in the Belgian Congo, and many of the sources he cited were in French!

Maybe Newt had to pay a translator? lol

But anyway, the big government conservatives fear Mitt Romney, a right-of-center moderate, almost more than they fear Obama, a left-of-center moderate. Romney might not help them actively persecute the gays, and might actually act on the knowledge that higher taxes do not automatically lead to an economic slowdown. Plus, he's a Mormon, and Mormons are scaaaaaarrrrryyy to the Religious Right.

4. Evan G Rogers profile image83
    Evan G Rogersposted 4 years ago

Who cares. This was the highlight of the debate:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/ … video.html

Or... actually, maybe it was this:

1. mom101 profile image61
      mom101posted 4 years ago in reply to this

No. Say it ain't so. Not the who cares line. Not you. You do, don't you?