jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (22 posts)

1. 0
    MP50posted 4 years ago

Is it Possible for All Politicians to Please All of the People All of the time?

Or is it only Possible to Please Some of the People Some of the time?

1. leroy64 profile image81
      leroy64posted 4 years ago in reply to this

From what I have seen of my married friends, it's impossible to keep two people pleased at the same time, at least without some kind of deception.  It's hard to tell about those of my friends who are dating since everyone is holding back then.  What level of deception would it take to keep everyone in the world pleased at the same time?  Some times I think politics is about guessing at how bad the reaction to some action will be.

1. 0
        MP50posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Good answer and so true Thanks.

2. 2uesday profile image90
      2uesdayposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The first is what they promise to do in their campaigns in the run up to an election.

1. 0

Thanks You got that right.

3. mathira profile image85
      mathiraposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Politicians need not please anyone, they can at least do their work and duties properly and then all people will be satisfied. If pleasing becomes the motive of the politicians, they do all sorts of tricks which yields nothing but mere futile promises.

1. 0

Hello Ma'am good answer Thank You.

4. Evan G Rogers profile image83
      Evan G Rogersposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The only way to please everyone all of the time is to let them be free to make their own mistakes.

1. 0

Hi good answer Thank You.

5. Greek One profile image81
      Greek Oneposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Clinton tired to please most of the female voters most of the time

2. 0
    oldandwiseposted 4 years ago

Only possible answer would be please some of the people some of the time. That's evident by the standoff we've watched for years now in Congress and the Senate.

3. Moderndayslave profile image59
    Moderndayslaveposted 4 years ago

As of now they are only pleasing about 9% of people. Now that the Un-supreme court has designated corporation votes as people it's most likely them. It's certainly not working Americans.

1. 0

Good answer. Only nine percent.....That is very low.

4. peoplepower73 profile image88
    peoplepower73posted 4 years ago

Just about all politicians today follow the golden rule.  He who has the gold rules.  They please those that have the gold.

1. 0

LOL bloody good answer.

1. mom101 profile image61
        mom101posted 4 years ago in reply to this

As of right now, we have a constitution. Now, with that said, it is not a politicians job to please anyone.

Although, I have a suspicion that there are those that are extremely happy.

5. advocateforchild profile image60
    advocateforchildposted 4 years ago

The problem with politics is the politicians. Unfortunately the only ones they seem to consistently look to please are the ones with the money. It seems no longer to have anything to do with justice or equality or making the world a better place for all people.

My father sent me a forwarded email with some pithy comments about the current state of affairs in comparison to what the founding fathers had in mind. Very sobering and ever so true...It's very difficult not to feel hopeless in the face of the odds and the status quo.

However, with that said-we as humans have one wonderful feature-we keep trying even in the face of what may seem to be insurmountable odds. So just keep in mind, even though it may take longer than you wish for, steady wins the race. And a pox on the politicians!  :0)

1. 0

Hello my Swedish friend Good answer....Tack så mycket.

6. athena2011 profile image61
    athena2011posted 4 years ago

I would have to go with the latter. Right now the politicians don't seem to be pleasing too many among us at all. It will definitely be an interesting year as we move towards the elections in November.

This does not only apply to politicians however as none of us are capable of pleasing everyone, all the time. now should we strive to do this as we'll only drive ourselves crazy.

1. 0

hello athena2011, I agree the elections in November will very interseting.

7. dadibobs profile image60
    dadibobsposted 4 years ago

When he should of been pleasing one of them all of the time!

1. 0

LOL.....Gotta be an English Man, Ha Ha.