jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

People Who Didn't Vote for Obama or McCain

1. jdeschene profile image76
    jdescheneposted 7 years ago

Who did you vote for and why? 

I voted for Cynthia McKinney, because she seemed far more honest than either of them.  That said, I'm very happy Obama won and not McCain.

Please share your thoughts.

1. 0
      sandra rinckposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Initially I didn't want to vote for either or any candidates but when it came down to it I voted for Obama because that is what the majority wanted.  It sounds like a comment made in hindsight but he gives people hope and where there is hope...well...

I may regret in, I may not.  Only time will tell but for now at least there is a chance for things to change for the better especially since Obama has the "power" to get people off their as*es and that is a good start. lol.  smile

2. t.keeley profile image84
    t.keeleyposted 7 years ago

I voted Barr. I don't regret it, the GOP (not McCain) trampled on my views and ideals. I decided to drag as many people to third parties as I could. This is one reason McCain got slaughtered.

3. Anna Marie Bowman profile image94
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 7 years ago

I voted for Bob Barr, afterall.  I know I should have voted McCain, just because I really don't agree with Obama, but I couldn't vote McCain.  I like him more than Obama, but not by much.

4. livelonger profile image90
    livelongerposted 7 years ago

I hope that people who really believe in third-party candidacies will support the institution of IRV at all levels of voting (after ranting against McCain and Obama right now). That is the only way third parties will ever make a viable impact on this country's government.