jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Will Romney be this countries first Latino President?

1. 0
    oldandwiseposted 4 years ago

According to Geraldo on Fox, both his parents are Mexican. Geraldo went further to say he could be our first American President with Dual Citizenships.

1. sagecarter profile image78
      sagecarterposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Actually, his father was born to American parents in a Mormon community in Mexico.

2. Deni Edwards profile image92
      Deni Edwardsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Mitt Romney is not Hispanic.  His grandparents moved to Mexico because they were being persecuted for being Mormon--whatever that means (polygamy?). 

Mitt Romney was supposedly born in Detroit, Michigan.  One could say that Mitt Romney could very well be one of those anchor babies everyone is so fearful of...

2. leroy64 profile image81
    leroy64posted 4 years ago

I took a look at some of the articles on CNN on this subject.  If the facts listed are correct, Mr Romney will have a difficult time convincing people he is Latino.  US citizens have been immigrating to Mexico for two hundred years.  Europeans have been settling there for a much longer period of time.  That does not necessarily make someone Latino.  I will have to look at the Fox interview.  I missed that.  While this subject is interesting, I honestly don't feel like it is much more than that.

3. 0
    oldandwiseposted 4 years ago

I foiund it interesting as well. It seemed like Geraldo was attempting to undermine Romney.

4. Charles James profile image84
    Charles Jamesposted 4 years ago

I do not like to ask, but are we sure Mitt was born in the USA? These Mexicans get everywhere!

And everyone knows LDS are sneaky, so the combination of Mexican and LDS is highly suspicious.

5. Charles James profile image84
    Charles Jamesposted 4 years ago

When Lord Wellington was invited to identify with the Irish because he was born in Ireland his comment was that being born in a stable does not make you a horse.

1. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Love it, Charles!