Huntsman to drop out of presidential race, endorse Romney

1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 4 years ago

Huntsman to drop out of presidential race, endorse Romney

By NBC's Jo Ling Kent and Domenico Montanaro

Jon Huntsman will drop his presidential bid and endorse Mitt Romney, according to campaign sources.

"He doesn't want to stand in the way of the person who is going to be the nominee," a campaign source said.

Huntsman will make the announcement during a speech in Myrtle Beach, S.C., Monday at 11 a.m. ET, spokesman Tim Miller said. Huntsman, who earlier Sunday was endorsed by The State (the largest newspaper in South Carolina), had vowed to stay in the race despite his third-place showing in New Hampshire. He boasted in a speech on primary night Tuesday that he had a "ticket to ride" and that it was "on to South Carolina." … rse-romney

I don't think this was a huge surprise to anyone. he wasn't a strong candidate. Who will be dropping out next?

2. HistoryProdigy profile image78
    HistoryProdigyposted 4 years ago

Rick Perry, I think his earlier comment stating that he would send troops back into Iraq to finish the job was the worst thing a candidate could say. I like Rick Perry as a person, but I do not think he is presidential material.

3. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 4 years ago

It was a huge surprise to me, actually.
    His comments after NH seemed to be full steam ahead into SC.
    The endorsement of the paper in SC seemed to confirm that.
    Seems like really odd timing.
    Hunstman is the only candidate who has NOT had a surge.
    For goodness sake, even Santorum (roll) is on the radar screen.

I'm sorry to see this. I think that given the choice between Huntsman and Romney, the party would do better with Hunstman.
    Maybe that's the problem.
    And "someone" got to him.

It's way too boring if they just hand it to Romney now. Especially since so many people don't like him.