jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

Does the colour of Barrack Obama's skin affect public opinion?

1. dadibobs profile image60
    dadibobsposted 4 years ago

Would he get more or less support, if he were white or hispanic?

Has the presidents heritage given him an advantage, or has it caused him setbacks?

1. Josak profile image59
      Josakposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hard to know isn't it? I would say it probably helped him get into office but has made it much harder to be a succesfull president while there.

2. warden76 profile image60
      warden76posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Sir, I live in the South...and everyone can play nice online and deny it, but I listen to it every single day. The answer is YES.

2. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

I am of the blissful opinion that his skin color has made absolutely no difference whatsoever.

Then again, I have been known to live in fantasy land on occasion.

3. Billjordan profile image61
    Billjordanposted 4 years ago

Right or wrong skin color has played a part in public opinion of Barrack Obama.There are some who solely support Barrack Obama because of the color of his skin,and those who will not support him base solely on skin color.

4. dadibobs profile image60

Personally, i think he should be evaluated on his ability to 'do the job', and less about his skin colour. To me it seems to be who is more popular in the media, rather than who can be a better president.

5. dadibobs profile image60

The question was deliberatly posed in a provocative and thought inspring way, but thanks for the link anwyay smile

1. 0
      MP50posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Does it really matter what colour the skin is, how is the President going to sort this mess out?

6. dadibobs profile image60

But thats the point lol, more and more people are complaining because of his abilities/inabilities, i am interested as to wether pre existing racist ideologies are also having an effect.

7. Evan G Rogers profile image84
    Evan G Rogersposted 4 years ago

It does, unfortunately.

8. couturepopcafe profile image60
    couturepopcafeposted 4 years ago

To me, the man doesn't inspire thoughts of black or white, which is a good thing. He got elected partly because he's partly black and partly because McCain appeared weak which gave Obama the edge in the youth market. He also utilized social media in a big way which is really what got him elected and that was a smart move.

Does he inspire one way or the other? I don't think so if you eliminate the racists on both ends.