jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (21 posts)

ron paul

1. steveamy profile image61
    steveamyposted 5 years ago

Is Ron Paul's "mission" hurting the Republican Party ....?

1. Ralph Deeds profile image69
      Ralph Deedsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Whether he thinks so or not, he, along with the Tea Party, is doing a pretty good job.

steveamyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

my thinking ... exactly ...

2. Evan G Rogers profile image83
      Evan G Rogersposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Who cares about the Republican Party. The R's and the D's are the ones that made it a "one-party-or-another" system. So what if they have to change their mainstream message.

We have a country to take back from the elite crooks who have been robbing us blind our whole lives.

steveamyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

If the Republican Party does not matter...why doesn't Dr Paul just leave and run as a Libertarian......Maybe because he would get even less attention than he gets now??  Just askin....

1. Evan G Rogers profile image83

Well, first off, the Republican Party is the party of Thomas Jefferson, Patrick Henry, John Taylor, and many other libertarian fore-fathers.

To be quite honest, the people who should be out of the R party is everyone BUT Ron Paul. They should all form the  "WE LOVE TAXES AND KILLING YOUR CHILDREN FOR OUR PROFIT" Party.

(yes, the party name SHOULD be in all caps: it's more annoying that way)

3. Quilligrapher profile image90
      Quilligrapherposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Steve, you pose an interesting question.

It is my opinion, Steve, Ron Paul is not hurting the Republican Party. Very few of his followers will support the GOP ticket when he drops out of the race. Most are Libertarians, opponents of the Fed, isolationists, and pacifists who are totally out of step with the rest of the Republicans and they are not likely to transfer their loyalty en masse to the final party ticket. This means only the racists will remain because they have no where else to go.

Just my opinion, Steve, just echoes from an empty vase.

2. Pcunix profile image89
    Pcunixposted 4 years ago

Gosh, I sure hope so!

3. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 4 years ago

IF he had an ounce of integrity, he would be running as a Libertarian.

steveamyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

If he had an ounce of integrity he would have known what was in those newsletters......oh..he did.  Nevermind.

2. Evan G Rogers profile image83

Actually the original Republicans (the Anti-Federalists) are RIGHT up Ron Paul's ally.

I think it's the rest of the party who has no integrity. They should all be in "the Chicken Hawk Party". Along with Obomba.

You might find this interesting: http://www.kansan.com/news/2012/jan/23/poll-ron-paul/

So, after Paul wins the presidential campaign in 2012, he'll run the next four years as a Libertarian.

1. kirstenblog profile image78
        kirstenblogposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I thought of you the other day! I was watching an older Daily Show and the guest that day started talking about Ron Paul. I can't remember who the guest was but he was fun to watch, very vibrant personality. He was talking about how the Republican party isn't about small government, just small government for democrats, they still want big government, just for themselves only. It was a fun watch and I think John didn't quite know what to say to the guy cause it wasn't exactly easy to argue big_smile (or not like the guy really)

I wish I could remember the guys name hmm

1. Evan G Rogers profile image83

Are you sure it wasn't Ron Paul?

daily show ron paul

4. Evan G Rogers profile image83
    Evan G Rogersposted 4 years ago
  5. Greek One profile image80
    Greek Oneposted 4 years ago

I think Newt's missionary position with various women will hurt more

1. mega1 profile image78
      mega1posted 4 years ago in reply to this

and of course, you would know!  lol what hurts women, I mean!

1. Greek One profile image80
        Greek Oneposted 4 years ago in reply to this

just broken hearts, mega.. just broken hearts

2. Mighty Mom profile image90
      Mighty Momposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Missionary is not the position I'm worried about.
      And the recipient isn't women.
      It's our country!
      lol

6. Mighty Mom profile image90
    Mighty Momposted 4 years ago

I don't believe RP is hurting the GOP at all.
    I think his presence in the campaign is refreshing and important.
    In a very real way, he is pointing out how far the GOP has drifted from its roots.
    The party is deeply divided. Schizo to the core.
    No wonder they are having such a hard time rallying around a candidate.
    They don't know what they stand for or even what they stand against! smile

7. ptosis profile image79
    ptosisposted 4 years ago

Ron Paul during last night debate said that the blockade of the USA at the Straits of Hormuz is considered an ‎act of war by Iran. That was the first time I ever heard him speak and now know why him and Santorum are being used as foils by the GOP to make the Grinch & Romney look better.

I hope the the Grinch wins the GOP primary - he is sure to lose against Obama.
    http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6072477_f248.jpg

8. lovemychris profile image81
    lovemychrisposted 4 years ago

Ron Paul cannot run as a Libertarian. He signed the personhood amendment. That is why he is a Republican, IMO, because he is anti-abortion.

Libertarians stand for freedom for the individual. He fails on that issue.

In that, he stands right with the R's. They are not for freedom, and should stop with that canard!

working