jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Can Newt Gingrich Actually Win the Republican Nomination?

1. Rock_nj profile image90
    Rock_njposted 4 years ago

I haven't looked at all the polling data, and certainly the polling data is changing now that Newt Gingrich scored a convincingly strong victory in South Carolina, but can he actually win the Republican nomination?  I really doubt it given the fact that he is not on all of the state ballots, and in many moderate states, his brand of politics typically does not do well.  Mitt Romney’s loss in South Carolina is a wake-up call that nothing can be taken for granted by his campaign and he needs to be more direct about matters like his tax returns, but can Gingrich actually win enough contents to take the Republican nomination?  The math seems to be against him.

2. ptosis profile image78
    ptosisposted 4 years ago

I hope so - Gringrich is a sure loser  ( and a sore loser!)

3. Pearldiver profile image86
    Pearldiverposted 4 years ago

Well Romney certainly takes his share from the trough - Including his contributions to the Mormon Church he only pays the equivalent to a 14% Tax Rate!  Not Bad for a guy who earned $45,000,000 last financial year!

WHY do you guys in the States have these sort of people representing ordinary folk?  No wonder so many are homeless or unemployed!! How Sad!

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 4 years ago in reply to this

...oh PD, it's all in blind trusts and of which he has no control over....those dividends just show up once or twice a year.....nothing wrong with cash deposited overseas and in the Grand Caymans ...doesn't mean he's hiding anything....

1. Pearldiver profile image86
        Pearldiverposted 4 years ago in reply to this

No... that was Adsense Income.... from random clicking! sad

4. steveamy profile image59
    steveamyposted 4 years ago

I never would have thought I would have said this,  but it is possible.  It only goes to show the level of turmoil in the Republican party.

5. Joelipoo profile image85
    Joelipooposted 4 years ago

I think it is possible that he could win the nomination.  It all depends on who the media decides the nomination should be because they have the power to influence ignorant voters who can't think for themselves.