jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Happy Republic Day, India!!!

1. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image75
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 5 years ago

Happy Republic Day, India!!! I wish all of you a Happy Republic Day. India is all set to celebrate its Republic Day, today. A grand ceremony will be started soon in Delhi, capital of India.

Pratibha Patil, Hon'ble President of India will hoist the National tri-color flag of India. There will be parade of all three wings army, navy and air force of India. They will show their latest weapons and deterrents in their march past.

All the states and union territories of India will show their culture in the march past. This is an added attraction of the Republic Day celebration, in India.

State governors will hoist flags in the respective state capitals.

There is a tight security in Delhi and other state capitals looking into terrorist threat.

India got its freedom on August 15, 1947 and launched its own constitution on January 26, 1950. Indian constitution is the biggest written constitution in the world.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image71
      Ralph Deedsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Congratulations and best wishes on Republic Day!

2. Debby Bruck profile image86
    Debby Bruckposted 5 years ago

Hello friends ~ My co-host on my Wednesday's radio show Dr Aadil Chimthanawala Kasim, cardiologist, opened the show with a hearty welcome celebration to India's Republic Day. I was surprised to hear of it, as a US citizen, this is one holiday I don't typically celebrate. Thank you for telling us more about it.

I don't understand this statement, "Indian constitution is the biggest written constitution in the world."

How is it the 'biggest' - do you mean the longest?

In what ways do you personally and as a nation celebrate?

Happy Holiday!

JYOTI KOTHARIposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, biggest means longest.

3. H P Roychoudhury profile image78
    H P Roychoudhuryposted 5 years ago

Republic day is not a happy day for all. It is because my forefathers sacrificed their life for Independence of India but their sons, daughters and grand sons and grand daughters are now the victims and deprived from the happiness of Republic day due to the partition of Bengal and suffering mentally inside the religious prison of Bangladesh instead of living in their dream land secular Bengal of Indian Union. Is the republic day showed any wishful memory for those hearts who sacrificed their life for Independence movement of India but excluded their territory by the then Indian Leaders.

JYOTI KOTHARIposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I can feel your pain!

working