jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

When will America reject career politicians for people who can do?

1. bruzzbuzz profile image60
    bruzzbuzzposted 4 years ago

Let's face it. Elections give us a choice between career politicians who have no idea how to do anything to enact real change. All they know how to do is give us talking points. What we need are people who do not play these games and can do something. Anytime a person like that comes around, the media starts telling us that he has no political experience. I think that is a good thing but America seems to listen to anything and everything the media says. When will we reject the Obamas and the Romneys and find doers not talkers.

2. wltw profile image82
    wltwposted 4 years ago

This is a rhetorical question and has no specific answer. Therefore, I'll answer it with a rhetorical statement: America will wake up and smell the coffee when pigs fly. Could it be you're venting?

1. bruzzbuzz profile image60
      bruzzbuzzposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I guess I am venting somewhat. Americans are like a herd of cattle being led to the slaughter house. They are so easily swayed by a media that is controlled by  the powers that be. It frustrates me to see how approval ratings can go up and down so quickly from day to day in response to the way the media decides to cover a story.

3. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 4 years ago

This can only happen in my estimation, when the world stops putting a monetary value on things, so that the greed of politicians is removed.