jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (17 posts)

Christian Left

1. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 4 years ago

I found this because of a Google+ post by a hubber here.  Since he did not make that public, I suppose I shouldn't say who, but

http://www.thechristianleftblog.org/1/p … p-out.html

I am SO happy to see some GOOD Christians for a change!

1. MelissaBarrett profile image60
      MelissaBarrettposted 4 years ago in reply to this

They aren't REAL Christians.

Pcunixposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I know.  They are like you:  tools of the Great Satan.

By the way, we'll be having a Dark Lord Demon Summoning party this summer.. we'd love to have you join us!

Sounds Great!  I've got a great recipe for fetus kebabs with HIV sauce.  Can I bring the kids too?  The youngest just learned to color in a pentagram with kitten blood and I'd love to give her a chance to show off.

If my wife were well, I'd love to do this.  It would help show which of our neighbors really are insane.  They'd be the ones all worried and upset, whispering about us for weeks before and after.

Hey, with luck, maybe we'll get some here..

"Don't joke around about Satan"...  ooooh!

2. MelissaBarrett profile image60

I love ya bunches PC, but to be completely honest if my neighbor threw a dark lord summoning party I would likely be a bit concerned too.

The Elvis and George Jones music that rises through the floor at 6 am is enough to convince me he is in league with Satan as it is.

2. 0
        Motown2Chitownposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Damn, Melissa, you stole my line. 

Oh, well. 

Ever heard of Dorothy Day?  One of the most amazing Christian women ever, and one I admire greatly.  She could have written this.

You know mo, I absolutely adore you!  Even if you don't completely agree with the pole dancing for Jesus thing.  I have heard of Dorthy Day, but specif memory is failing me today... I guess I'll go googling.

1. 0

I wrote a hub about her.  I'm in the middle of her selected writings as we speak.  I'm such a liberal about so many things.

You don't agree with me about Pole Dancing for Jesus!

That's it.  YOU - out of my forum!

Oh, wait, this one wasn't mine to begin with.  Never mind.

wink

I can't kick her out.  She's too much fun.  So are you, so get along or I will spank both of you!

1. 0

Don't make offers like that on the internet...I can't afford to get to the NE at the moment. 

tongue

Melissa and I always get along.  We have way more in common that folks realize.

wink

3. Ralph Deeds profile image69
        Ralph Deedsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

What's a "real Christian?"

2. tirelesstraveler profile image88
      tirelesstravelerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

After reading that site I see where individuals are responsible for taking care of the hungry, poor, widows and orphans. I don't see where government is supposed to be the primary provider of charity.  I thought it was interesting that they put up the spending chart for military, but not for charity, which I believe was supposed to be the point of the article.

2. Randy Godwin profile image94
    Randy Godwinposted 4 years ago

Are all species invited?  I'll bring some forbidden fruit, I can get it at cost! roll

3. WriteAngled profile image91
    WriteAngledposted 4 years ago

LOL, Melissa, such a creative choice of crafts!

I was fortunate to have participated in a wonderful university Catholic chaplaincy in the 1970s in the UK. One memorable Sunday, the chaplain said there was no time for a sermon, because he'd just heard a newly built office block had been occupied in the city centre as a protest against the lack of affordable homes being built. He felt he had to get down there as soon as possible and hoped as many of us as possible would join him.

We had amazing people come to visit and speak to us, such as Dan Berrigan, and we discussed the implications of liberation theology as expressed in works of Camilo Torres and Helder Camara.

What I experienced there delayed my final break with the church for several years. Had this movement survived in strength, I may well have remained a Catholic to this day.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image69
      Ralph Deedsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

++

working