jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Which will come first, a female President or a Hispanic one?

1. bruzzbuzz profile image59
    bruzzbuzzposted 4 years ago

Before Obama was elected, the question was often brought up as to whether a female President or a black president would be elected first. Now, I guess the question should be which would come first, a female or a Hispanic President.

1. Alecia Murphy profile image90
      Alecia Murphyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'm going to venture to say female. I think it's going to be a while before there's mainstream Hispanic acceptance in the US. I say this especially because of the immigration laws.
      However, I think if a female is first she has to be a great leader who fits into the traditional gender roles such as wife and mother.

2. Stevennix2001 profile image82
      Stevennix2001posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think we'll probably see a hispanic president before we'll see a female one. I only say that because i know down in the southern states, many illegal immigrants are being given more constitutional rights which stands to reason to believe that they might be able to vote in the forseeable future, or their born offspring in the us will be able to for sure; hence increasing the possibility.

No, I'm not racist by saying that either, as I'm one quarter hispanic myself.

2. Evan G Rogers profile image83
    Evan G Rogersposted 4 years ago

A MUCH more important question is

which will come first: a corrupt politician or an honest one.

1. bruzzbuzz profile image59
      bruzzbuzzposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I have found most politicians to be corrupt so I guess we have the answer to that one.

2. kirstenblog profile image78
      kirstenblogposted 4 years ago in reply to this

A corrupt one of course! An honest politician doesn't stand a chance. If Ron gets into office I wonder how long it will be before either he comes to the people and tells them exactly who is trying to pull his strings, or he does what they all do and become a puppet too. I would love to see someone who would be willing to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth when actually in office, even if he is most likely going to be assassinated for it.