jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (19 posts)

do you think democrats will win presidency,senate, and house?

1. mio cid profile image59
    mio cidposted 5 years ago

do you think democrats will win presidency, senate and house? all three,two out of three,one ,or none?

1. Evan G Rogers profile image81
      Evan G Rogersposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think the Dems are getting thrown out.

2. paradigmsearch profile image88
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

Best I can do is 2 to 1 or 1 to 2. I feel pretty safe in predicting 0 to 3 and 3 to 0 will not happen.

3. Ralph Deeds profile image70
    Ralph Deedsposted 5 years ago

I think Obama has a good chance of being re-elected and retaining a Senate majority. Winning the House is much less likely especially since in so many states the GOP has gerrymandered the House districts in its favor.

1. habee profile image90
      habeeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree with your assessment, Ralph. With the economy improving on some levels, I think Obama will win re-election. I also believe if Gingrich is the GOP nominee, he'll take down senators and representatives with him, resulting in a Democratic trifecta win.

Ron Paul can beat Obama.

Romney can't.

mio cidposted 5 years ago in reply to this

how can ron paul win? the neocons and conservatives hate him for his foreign policy,the liberals and moderates  are diametrically opposed to his economic policies,the leftist independents and rightie independents don't support him for the same reasons i gave before, so his base is very small, some young voters,some libertarians and some true independents. he can not win.

In polls that ask "Ron Paul vs. Obama", Paul wins.

Paul's numbers ONLY grow. The other candidates' support comes and goes. Paul's only increase.

2. Tony Stone profile image60
          Tony Stoneposted 5 years ago in reply to this

He absolutely can win.  The media beats him down and he still has more real life support than any other candidate ever had.  He is the ONLY one that can be trusted.  How could you possibly trust any of the other liars?

He probably is the most honest and decent person running for president ,but that doesn't mean he can win the election, he absolutely can't.

He beats Obama in polls.

Vegas odds have him at a 50% chance against Obama.

He's electable (that is, if the Rs can get their heads out of their butts)

Rs will vote for anyone with an "R" in front of their name. Independents prefer Paul over Obama. And many democrats prefer Ron Paul to Obama.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2 … -vs-obama/
              http://ronpaulflix.com/2011/12/democrat … publicans/

Paul is the only candidate who can actually beat Obama.

No news outlets wish to report this, and this is why it is not common knowledge.

4. profile image89
    HSchneiderposted 5 years ago

I believe that President Obama will win by about 4 percentage points. The Democrats will lose the Senate because there are too many seats to defend. I also believe they will regain the House but only by a few seats.

I agree with your assessment, the presidency by a few points, but I think  the possibility of also winning the house and senate doesn't seem so unlikely now as they did a few months ago.

5. Evan G Rogers profile image81
    Evan G Rogersposted 5 years ago

Good god, no.

6. profile image72
    SanXuaryposted 5 years ago

Obama will win by default.

I hope and pray we will be blessed with a second term for Obama , but atteendotheday it will come down to the economy,if it continues to go in the right direction however slowly but surely, he will be reelected,thanks to the weak republican field and faulty candidates, but if the economy goes downhill he will lose.

7. bruzzbuzz profile image60
    bruzzbuzzposted 5 years ago

Actually, I think that the House, Senate, and Presidency will probably end up looking pretty much exactly like it is right now. In addition, I think we will still be stuck in partisanship politics and things will be even worse 4 years from now than they are today. Even if the Republicans won the Presidency, I don't see anything but stalemate for a long time and that is not good for our country.

well, there will be a difference obama will end up steamrolling through a lot of his agenda because he learned his lesson from three years of his fruitless courtship of the republicans in the house and the senate.

8. ocbill profile image74
    ocbillposted 5 years ago

latest ABC polls say no. Obama above 50% and Romney low 40s.

Seriously, what difference will Romney do?  There's always bi-partisanship and perks to get anything passed. It is just gridlock and over-spending by either party. Fat politicians get richer, pass laws in the cover of the night while us common folk sink.

working