jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Pseudo Science and Left Wing Politics

1. Robephiles profile image87
    Robephilesposted 4 years ago

I wouldn't normally do this but I believe that this article is the best ever written in the history of Hubpages and I want to bring it to the attention of as many people as possible. 

<link snipped>

This is one of the most brilliant articles ever written in the 6,000 year history of the world and proves that human intelligence truly comes from God and could not have possibly have evolved from apes.  You may think that I am overstating and indulging in hyperbole but I can certainly back this up by pointing out the subtle brilliance of this article. 

First of all, I want to congratulate the author for his helpful and detailed links.  I did not read any of them but it is good to know that they are there and I feel confident that they say exactly what he says they do, come from reliable sources and that no outside sources need to be read or checked on my own. That is why I like websites like The Drudge Report where they provide links and tell me what they say and what to think about what I haven't read.  I also want to thank him for informing me how boring and hard to understand psychological studies are because this saves me the wasted time of trying to read them myself and assures me that if a man versed in the closely related field of engineering has a hard time understanding them then I won't be able to make head or tail of them either. 

I for one am outraged that these liberals don't take the time to check all these falsified studies and not weed them out.  I mean if two guys got exposed how many are out there that haven't been caught?  I also take offense to the idea that they would suggest that a proud conservative like me would have any prejudice but then again all these "psychologists" are the same. 

I also like how he pointed out the use of "abstract thinking" to bamboozle people into buying this crap.  His chart shows the truth, that just like we can divide people into only liberal and conservative, heathen and saved, a person can only be racist and not racist. For instance when I hear somebody say something like "I support affirmative action" or "Obama was born in Hawaii not Kenya" I wonder how somebody could live in this country and function while hating white people so much. 

I also appreciate his brilliant point about The Bible. It is also true that in Leviticus 25:44 it says I am in my full right to own slaves, so when I say that "the south was right" people just can't accept that we have a difference of opinion and they call me racist.  And these people call me intolerant!  What a joke! 

I also want to point out his brilliance with pointing out the stupidity of thinking a 75% correlation means anything.  I personally have an example of my own life that proves the point.  Some years ago my son was very sick and some fancy pants doctor came in telling me that they had a treatment that in 75% percent of cases led to a recovery.  Well I tell you right now I grabbed that no good lib by the shirt and said, "don't you come back until that correlation is 100% and it means something."  We lost our boy three years ago this June but I know he is looking down from heaven thinking what a proud conservative his Daddy is. 

I finally think he made the most brilliant point and most impressively using a study that had no relation to his original thesis whatsoever. I personally am sickened by the idea that my wife would have an equal say over anything in my household and that my children could benefit in anyway from such nonsense.  This just proves he has been saying this whole article, all liberals act the same, think the same and are incapable of reason and that is why they think we are prejudice. 

I do have one criticism.  I am sadly disappointed that he believes in the scientific method at all.  In fact, the scientific method is the worst pseudo science of all.  Did you know it was first proposed by Aristotle, who was not a Christian but a Pagan?  I was also disappointed that he screens his comments and would not let my high praise be posted on his page where it rightly belongs.  Perhaps he thought that my comment was such high praise that people would suspect that it had been solicited of a close friend or even written by the author himself but I assure you that I could not possible obtain the level of thinking that the author of this brilliant hub has.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image68
      Ralph Deedsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

+++Ha!Ha!Ha! A little humor is welcome in this forum.

1. Robephiles profile image87
        Robephilesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It is the best way to deal with stuff like this.  You can't really win an argument with an extremist.

2. A Troubled Man profile image59
    A Troubled Manposted 4 years ago

Excellent critique, Robephiles! Very entertaining and spot on.

3. 0
    Sooner28posted 4 years ago

Robephiles, this made my day.  Very funny!  I have to deal with extremist conservatives in my family, so I feel your pain.

4. CHRIS57 profile image62
    CHRIS57posted 4 years ago

Must be a racist: Naomi Campbell is more pleasant to look at than Naomi Klein.

5. chefsref profile image88
    chefsrefposted 4 years ago

Hey Robephiles
    Excellent and amusing critique. One recent study shows Fox News viewers are less informed, even than those who pay no attention to news. Of course we Fox fans will never be exposed to such slanderous misinformation.
    If people would just follow the Bible they would learn many more things than that the Earth is just 6000 years old. Simply being a homophobe is not enough. There are a lot of stones to be cast according to the Bible. Disobey your parents? Stone em’. Not a virgin on your wedding night? Stoning. (When is the last time you saw a father producing the sheets from a wedding bed to prove his daughter’s virginity?) Breaking the Sabbath? Stone ‘em. Cursing the King? Stone ‘em. (We don’t have a king so does that include cursing the President? We ‘ll need a lot of stones) Many of these teachings appear in Leviticus along with the teaching about acceptable slavery and the abomination of homosexuality. As good Christians we should accept every word as the literal truth. I for one am busy gathering stones but all I can find is limestone, which seems much too soft for stoning someone to death.

6. Robephiles profile image87
    Robephilesposted 4 years ago

In the article he talks about how the study correlates prejudice with conservative views and then says that the people who performed the study were British and this completely invalidates the study.  My jaw fell open when I read that bit of accidental irony and then I wrote a version of this.  I'm still pretty steamed that he won't post dissenting opinions. When people publish sloppy and misinformed crap on Hubpages it hurts everybody who writes here.