The American constitution antiquated?

1. Onusonus profile image86
    Onusonusposted 4 years ago

Recently supreme court justice Ginsburg said the following, “I would not look to the U.S. Constitution, if I were drafting a Constitution in the year 2012."

So should the United states write a new constitution, or should this pathetic looser get a pink slip.

2. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 4 years ago

I can't answer your last question, but it seems that the US Constitution is very basic ( especially since it is supposd to give decision-making on lesser matters to the states).

The constitution writers were diverse in their personal opinions, therefore the document only addresses basic values. It is difficult to get a large group to agree on anything, but when it came to things listed in the Preamble, most everyone is on board with broad basic principles such as preserving justice, insuring domestic peace, providing defense, promoting general welfare, and securing liberty for ourselves and our descendants.

Whatever follows is supposed to be a guide to whatever decisions are made in law-- it does not try to cover every piece of law for every state or district or individual, as long as it complies with general principles.

1. Onusonus profile image86
      Onusonusposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Very insightful, however I would not be one to characterize it as a guide, but rather the supreme law of the land and the foundation of all other US Laws. Other than that, I agree.