jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Do you think voting should be done in the privacy of your own home?

1. Menjia_Rose profile image59
    Menjia_Roseposted 4 years ago

Do you think people should have the privilege to start voting for political figures online? Do you think it would cut the mis-counts of ballot's?

1. couturepopcafe profile image60
      couturepopcafeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I don't know about voting online but I would like to see someone invent a device or process whereby we could vote by fingerprint identity from anywhere in the world. That way there could be no fraud whatsoever. No one else can steal our vote, no one could complain about not being able to get to the poles. There'd be no need for proxy voting. The voting could be 48 hours from midnight to midnight.

Of course, it's highly unlikely that this would ever happen. And unfortunately, our votes don't really count for much anyway.

2. ib radmasters profile image61
      ib radmastersposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, right so the dead can have someone move their hand without any contradiction. And no one can attest to who really voted and whether they were allowed to vote.

good one

3. 0
      Sooner28posted 4 years ago in reply to this

If there was a way to secure it, I would LOVE to be able to vote online.

2. Evan G Rogers profile image82
    Evan G Rogersposted 4 years ago

I think the people who count the votes should be forced to count them at gunpoint while 5 cameras - each supplied by a different group of people - make sure the votes are counted properly.

3. Pcunix profile image89
    Pcunixposted 4 years ago

Not until I could trust the results.

There are advantages to distributed counting.  Local malfeasance in one area can be countered by opposite malfeasance elsewhere and because there are multiple people involved locally anyway, the risk of corruption is lower to start with.

I'd love to see it someday, though.