Bill O'Reilly right for the second time

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (29 posts)
  1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 12 years ago

Sometimes he makes sense smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHEVu64pZsA

I forget what the 1st time was but I was impressed then too.

1. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Prolly when Bill said Obama really IS a U.S. citizen! lol

1. profile image0
        Brenda Durhamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Those were the two times when Bill actually said something wrong!  Well, add another time when he took up for homosexuality.
        Hey, y'all shoulda been watching Fox earlier.  Bill's more "balanced" than you might've thought (actually UNbalanced! lol. His comparison of One Million Moms to the McCarthy issue was blatantly Leftist). Also Megan Fox...maybe the Left can recruit her, because she holds a very liberal view of homosexual "rights".
        Guess what---Glenn Beck on his radio show took up for Ellen Degeneres in the issue this thread is about too!
        My oh my!  Maybe it won't be long before Fox really DOES become "Faux" News.  In which case, they'll be just as bad as CNN and the other station that allows Rachel Madcow to insult all things conservative.

1. profile image0

It's too late to edit my post, so I'm replying to it to correct something.
          I meant Megyn Kelly, who is on Fox News.  Not Megan Fox.

1. Greek One profile image64
            Greek Oneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I would like to recruit Megan Fox

1. profile image0

I actually didn't know who she was until I googled her name;  I had just heard the name mentioned somewhere before.
              I bet you would, Greek One!
              How are you today?  I'm rather bored; maybe that's how I remembered I had gotten the two "Megan/Megyns" mixed up....

Hello Brenda

I recently gave birth to my second child (ok.. i was in the room at least), so I am a bit tired.....

but thanks to your idea of Googling Megan Fox, I am feeling quite invigorated at the moment.

1. profile image0

Congratulations on the birth of the baby!  (If that's true.  One never knows with you, Greek One; you're such a jokester).

Mostly my congrats to your wife of course----she probably did all the work; or most of it. smile

yup... baby number 2  of 2... and I am done with procreating...

the process is fine, but the results 9 months later are tiring let me tell ya!

2. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 12 years ago

Bill is kind of the 'extremist' on Fox. I can't stand to watch him for more than a few minutes-- even though I agree with him many times. This time he was making a lot of sense.... and the 'million moms' apparently only have 40,000 followers on some social page.

1. mio cid profile image59
      mio cidposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm sorry but the extremist on fox is by far sean hannity at least o'reilly  is able to speak several sentences at the time without trashing obama, he's able to talk about other issues, and sometimes even makes sense.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image91
        Rochelle Frankposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sorry-- I wasn't clear... I meant from the Fox perspective. O'Reilly, though annoying, takes a little different view than many of their commentators.

3. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 12 years ago

I never watch Fox, but listened to the video. Hurray for him. As far as the woman speaking, blah, blah, blah...   

smile

4. Credence2 profile image78
    Credence2posted 12 years ago

Thrashing the president is standard conservative 'rightwinger' fare. It is as if whatever problems, economic or otherwise, we are currently experiencing  would not have occured if only we had followed the sage council of Three Stooges of the rabid right, O'Reilly, Limbaugh and Hannity (Guess who plays Moe?). Laissez faire? Great, let the economy right itself right over the nearest precipice.

1. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Bill isn't part of the "rabid right." He's much more fair and sane than Limbaugh, Beck, and Hannity. I've seen him take up for Obama numerous times, and Hillary said she was treated better on Bill's show than on any other. Sure, he's right-leaning, but he's not rabid. Bill also does a lot of charity work. One thing I don't like about him, however, is his arrogance.

1. Credence2 profile image78
        Credence2posted 12 years agoin reply to this

This is true, ok, I will replace O'Reilly with Beck. Beck is certainly more than qualified as a stand in.....

2. livelonger profile image86
        livelongerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree. O'Reilly is by far not the worst among the right-wing commentators. He does speak on behalf of the very elderly (I think the average age of one of his viewers is about 80), who tend to be conservative, but not as right-wing as the evangelical hypocrites, obsessive partisans, and others that gravitate towards Beck, Hannity, Limbaugh, and a handful of others.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image66
          Ralph Deedsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, and he has a hot hand with a loufah.

1. livelonger profile image86

Or, in O'Reilly parlance, a "falafel." lol

2. profile image0

Well, I had to research your reference, was wondering what you two were referring to.
            Apparently, the accusations behind the lawsuit were never proven.  Incidentally, in reading the lawsuit, it says the plaintiff also had a problem of harrassment from her boss at CNN.  Plus, O'Reilly (according to Wikipedia) had first begun a lawsuit against the woman, saying she had tried to get more money from him than was agreed upon;  and then she filed the sexual harrassment lawsuit against him.  So, it's impossible for me to (or anyone) to accuse O'Reilly when we do not know the facts at all.

1. livelonger profile image86

lol
              We can believe things that we want to believe, right, Brenda?

1. profile image0

Indeed we all can.  I prefer to believe based on facts.  But sometimes there's plenty of smoke to indicate a fire.  There's much more smoke in Obama's case than there is in O'Reilly's case.

3. profile image0

By the way, unlike O'Reilly who's accused of lusting after the opposite sex, I hear Barak Obama had a hot time with a man in the back of a limo.  Reckon there's any credence to that accusation?

5. Credence2 profile image78
    Credence2posted 12 years ago

In this case, Bill was uncharacteristically even handed. I agree his position totally with the lady against Ellen who had a completely illogical argument, virtually indefensible.

If Bill keeps this up, I might be able to coax him to come out from the "Dark Side" and turn to the Good!

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
      Castlepalomaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I Agree with Bill for once, even though  she is selling a rich man's product along with her lifestyyle

6. profile image0
    Sooner28posted 12 years ago

Haha wow.  He finally says something intelligent.  It's too bad just the other day he was attacking the 9th circuit court of appeals for striking down prop 8.  But kudos to him for the occasional glimpses of rationality seeping through the ever increasing delusion at faux news.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)