jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Our future on display in Michigan

1. tobey100 profile image61
    tobey100posted 4 years ago

Recently I mentioned the food police in North Carolina.  I got alot of responses calling it 'Rush Limbaugh" talking points and such and quite a number of folks were surprised to find out the story was true.  Along those same lines, want to know why Michigan's in a state of decline?  This is what their leaders think of them.  This is a direct quote from Debbie Squires, Associate Director of the Michigan Elementary and Middle School Principals Association testifying before the Michigan State Legislature: 

"You know, educators go through education for a reason.  They are the people who know best about how to serve children.  That's not necessarily true of an individual resident (meaning parent).  I'm not saying they don't want the best for their children, but they may not know what actually is best from an education standpoint"  February 1, 2012. 

When one of the Representatives questioned if she was saying parents don't know what's best for their children her response was:  "I said they may want what's best.  They may not know." 

Read it again.  Educators know what's best for our children.  We don't.  This attitude and mindset prevails throughout government.  We are giving our freedom away without a fight because we're afraid of being called conservative wackos or accused of not caring about children.  Those of you that see nothing wrong with Ms. Squires' stance are silently contributing to my loss of individual freedom.

We're being told where our children can go to school, what they can or can't eat, what automobile we can drive (if we care about the world), what we can and can't say, on and on and on.  At what point do we finally say 'enough is enough'?

1. Evan G Rogers profile image83
      Evan G Rogersposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Liberals will agree that educators and government knows best.

Conservatives will argue that this is nonsense.

The truth? It's tyranny. Federal funding for education is also unconstitutional.

Is anyone on this forum going to care? Of course not.

2. Shanna11 profile image91
    Shanna11posted 4 years ago

Oh Michigan.... doesn't surprise me. Having grown up there and graduated from a high school outside of Detroit, I can tell you that the state is beautiful, but no one truly cares about the kids. Not their parents, and not their teachers. No one cares what's best for them. We just had our thirteenth suicide yesterday from the school in the past four years alone. It's like an epidemic...

But what I hated most about that school was the feeling of tyranny the educators created. The campus 'monitors' were like prison guards and took every opportunity to abuse their 'power'. And the teachers weren't far behind. I was SO glad to graduate.

1. tobey100 profile image61
      tobey100posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'm a little older evidently as in my day we didn't experience as much Government interference.  Now my 5 boys on the other hand have been smothered in it from food service to organized sports.  Soon we'll be asking if we can go to the restroom.

3. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 4 years ago

Religion is faith based. Education tends to be fact based. How are faith based parents to know what is the best fact based education for their children?

1. lovemychris profile image80
      lovemychrisposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Re-write the school books, as they are doing in Texas. Jefferson is replaced with Calvin.

That's the TRUE tyranny that is going on. But of course elRushbo won't mention it, so it's ignored.

And the reason that story was called Rush's talking points is because if you google it----his is the first site that pops up! Rushlimbaugh.com. Git yer Liberal-bashing here...git it git it

"Do you see how they look down on you?" *Santorum voice*