jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (15 posts)

Jeb Bush for President!

1. Pcunix profile image88
    Pcunixposted 5 years ago

Yes, yes, you ultra conservative voters, please run Jeb Bush..

http://www.nationalmemo.com/article/des … h-save-gop

Or Santorum - he's going to get a LOT of well deserved votes from women..

Or Christie.. another conservative on the wrong side of history.

Funny -  we've been watching "Brothers & Sisters" on Netflix..  I think they may have already jumped the shark and we are only in season 1, but I was interested in Rob Lowe's Republican Senator character.

I'm sure that somewhere there still breathes a Republican politician with moderate, sane views such as expressed by that fictional character.    Don't you wish the GOP crazies were promoting someone like that?  Someone that sane people might actually vote for?

No, of course you don't.   And you cannot imagine how happy that makes me smile

1. pisean282311 profile image54
      pisean282311posted 5 years ago in reply to this

two bush..three wars...nope usa cant afford one more bush right now...

2. GNelson profile image84
      GNelsonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Bush screwed up Florida, we don't need him screwing up the country like his brother did.

3. profile image0
      Sooner28posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Jeb Bush would be extremely exciting!  His last name alone would be enough to do him in.

1. Pcunix profile image88
        Pcunixposted 5 years ago in reply to this

And think of the fun ads on tv..

2. pisean282311 profile image54
        pisean282311posted 5 years ago in reply to this

@sooner ya but it would be exciting for the world ...for usa it would be economic disaster like his bro did...

4. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image92
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 5 years ago in reply to this

The Bush brothers have undone education in America.  Don't think I will EVER vote for either of them...EVER  EVER  EVER

2. Greek One profile image77
    Greek Oneposted 5 years ago

come on... it's trial and error.. just like in college....

sooner or later, you gotta come across a bush that makes you happy

3. Brainy Bunny profile image92
    Brainy Bunnyposted 5 years ago

Ha!

As for Santorum, I've got a vote for where he can stick his sweater vest!

4. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image90
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years ago

So long as there is legal insider trading and corporate personhood....there's not really that much difference in parties, IMO.

1. lovemychris profile image81
      lovemychrisposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Well, they TRIED to do something about insider trading, but Cantor watered it down so much it probly hardly matters.

And the Dems for sure want to overturn Citizens United, but you know the R's don't.

And they want MORE power.

2. Pcunix profile image88
      Pcunixposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That is so wrong, Wes.

The Dems don't always live up to their morals, but at least their platform is the just one.  You can't say that about the GOP.

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image90
        Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years ago in reply to this

There's some definite whack jobs in the GOP....but by and large, the corporate donations and the ability to make millions on the stock market seem to make the whole job of house member or senator nothing but a vegas routine with one's own personal set of card counters provided....

I'm not sure when I lost all faith in American politics, maybe it was when the "patriot act" got re extended, or maybe it was when Obama sought to expand federal surveillance by tracking cell phone users via triangulation without a warrant.  I'm not sure.

5. lovemychris profile image81
    lovemychrisposted 5 years ago

Funny--I lost faith with Bush and got it back with Obama.

6. Paul Wingert profile image80
    Paul Wingertposted 5 years ago

Sure, add Bush to the line up of GOP clowns. Just when I thought that the laughter was dying down with them.

working