jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

School Shooting Again

1. SpanStar profile image60
    SpanStarposted 4 years ago

Germany Second Only to United States in School Shootings

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world … 45387.html

Another school shooting in Charon, Ohio February 27, 2012. Students shot in cafeteria while eating breakfast. It would appear that school shootings have become an epidemic in America. From my perspective it won't be long before students attending schools will have to start wearing body armor. People may deny that guns are not the issue but when it comes to these murders I have yet to see someone or someone's threaten a facility with a pitchfork, switchblade knife, machete the gun is always the primary instrument used I suspect 98 % of the time. Learning becomes a lot more difficult when one spends their time wondering if they're going to leave school a live. Children need a safe environment if they are required to attend school and we as a country aren't providing it.

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2012/02 … in_sh.html

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 4 years ago in reply to this

wow....as for guns...parents need to secure them and pay close attention to their child's behaviour/issues...i don't understand... it's so simple to  ensure a gun is safe and no one knows how to access and/or where they are...and yes, parents and children should feel schools are safe

1. gregas profile image73
        gregasposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I have nothing against owning guns, although I am not crazy about them myself, but anyone owning guns should be held responsible for what happens with any gun in their posetion and should keep it secured. If that gun is left in the open or easily accesible, then that person should be as responsible as the person that pulled the trigger. My opinion. Greg

1. aguasilver profile image88
          aguasilverposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Got to agree.

2. lovemychris profile image80
    lovemychrisposted 4 years ago

No one will go up against the NRA. Heck--they see nothing wrong with having a gun with a 30 shot clip. (don't know gun terms) Or assault rifles! Or AK 47's.

NRA is the reason nothing ever gets done about it, IMO.

1. gregas profile image73
      gregasposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Nothing against the NRA. I don't like them, but they should back taking responsibility for owning a gun. And that kind of a law would encourage, not force, people to make sure the guns don't get into the wrong hands. That's all. I'm not saying take them away from people, just the ones that feel that it's their right to own one, to be responsible or face jail time too. Still just my opinion, Greg