jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Something to watch, something to think about....

1. 0
    jenuboukaposted 4 years ago

There has been a lot of controversy here on HP on the whether gay/lesbian marriage should become legal or "recognized." And that statement right there, to me, should have never been exploded as such a debate.  Things in the course of history among us the people are ever changing.  I came across this video and wanted to create a separate thread for it's incredible message.
    I realize that some of the comments will remain to discourage the act of recognizing every one is lawfully entitled to get "legally" married.  Among these U.S. citizens, perhaps they do not fully understand the issue as a whole, or perhaps their religious beliefs prohibit them to support this. 
    I wanted to share this for one purpose...a positive thread...
    So please, please, just watch the video, perhaps a couple of times, and just think about how she views this subject. 

Gay Marriage Debate

1. gregas profile image72
      gregasposted 4 years ago in reply to this

So, when is Ellen running for president? Iwatched her video too. Freedom and equallity. Greg

2. 0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 4 years ago

Okay, so I am what is known as a "Straight 8."  To debate over the issue of gay marriage being legalized or not is simply a waste of time for me.  I have family members and friends who are gay.  Some are married, and some aren't.  And if you have loved ones who happen to be gay and want to be married, why not be supportive?  When you love someone, you want them to be happy, so you go with it.  These days, marriage is a big step as well as a big risk.  It doesn't matter who you are.

1. gregas profile image72
      gregasposted 4 years ago in reply to this

First of all, I don't feel the government, Federal or State, has the right to tell anyone what they can do with their personal lives as long as they are not hurting anyone and forcing their beliefs on others. My opinion, Greg

1. 0
        jenuboukaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Agreed.  It would never have been an issue if someone of an authoritative (law) said so.  It should of went down like this:
        Oh so homosexuals don't have the same rights as other hetero's do?  Well better get up to date on that, now shall we?   I say it like this in the effect that married folk are entitled to certain gov. health care if their spouse is employed and the other is a stay at home parent.  As well as the death benefits the surviving spouse will receive.
        It should of not been no more than a simple change in policy, yet here we are having to defend our family members and dear friends just for the same rights.