jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (15 posts)

For crying out loud!!

1. lovemychris profile image78
    lovemychrisposted 4 years ago

"Chief Judge Richard Cebull, federal district court in Montana, admitted yesterday to sending a racist email forward comparing President Obama’s conception to sex with a dog:

“A little boy said to his mother; ‘Mommy, how come I’m black and you’re white?’” the email joke reads. “His mother replied, ‘Don’t even go there Barack! From what I can remember about that party, you’re lucky you don’t bark!’” [...]

Cebull said his brother initially sent him the email, which he forwarded to six of his “old buddies” and acquaintances.

He admitted that he read the email and intended to send it to his friends.

“The only reason I can explain it to you is I am not a fan of our president, but this goes beyond not being a fan,” Cebull said. “I didn’t send it as racist, although that’s what it is. I sent it out because it’s anti-Obama.“

1. couturepopcafe profile image60
      couturepopcafeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

This guy's an idiot on so many levels. Gotta wonder how he got to be a judge. Is Montana really that much of a 'good ole boy' state?

lovemychrisposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Would hate to be a black man standing in front of him.

ALL states are good ole boy states in the justice dpts!

Corrections Corporation of America.

2. Evan G Rogers profile image83
      Evan G Rogersposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Oh my god! Not a joke!

I'm curious to know how many people in positions of power feel like this guy....my guess is a lot.

There is a disaportionate(??) number of black and hispanic people locked up....and the "good ole boy" network most assuredly includes women.

1. gmwilliams profile image86
          gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes, racism is STILL alive and well in the 21st century.  Racism is very ingrained in the subconscious of many people, especially those in power.  Morality simply cannot be legislated despite the reformative antidiscimination laws.

There are many people in powerful positions who indeed believe that people of color, gays, women, and nonreligious people are "the other" to be reviled, disrespected, and treated less than equal.   There are people who believe that by either the virtue of their color and/or gender, they have and should continue to have unmitigated privilege.  It is these people who are threatened by any "other" and "outsider" people who has the audacity to assume positions of power and to go outside their "purview" so to speak.

2. lovemychris profile image78

"A racist email sent around by Richard Cebull, the chief US district court judge in Montana, not only showed blatant disrespect for the president of the United States but also may have broken federal ethics rules. Cebull, who was appointed to the court by George W. Bush in 2001 and became chief judge in 2008, appears to have violated the US Code of Judicial Conduct on at least one count with his behavior, legal experts say.

Cebull sent the nasty email about President Obama on Feb. 20 to six of his "old buddies," as he put it."

http://motherjones.com/politics/2012/03 … mail-obama

To think this guy has such power....gives me shivers. In the Heat of the Night comes to mind.....

Or the trial of Christopher McCowen.

3. JamaGenee profile image87
    JamaGeneeposted 4 years ago

Thank you, Dubya, for annointing...uh, appointing...this racist to the Federal bench.

The irony is the sender of an email muddying Bush's ancestry in a similar fashion would not have been treated fairly in Cebull's courtroom. I remember all too well during BushII's years in office how it bordered on treason to speak ill of Barbara and George Sr's idiot son.

I sincerely hope Cebull is not only charged with violating the US Code of Judicial Conduct, but found guilty and removed from the position of power he obviously doesn't deserve.

Me too.

and maybe we could find out who his old buddies are too...my guess would be they also hold positions of power.

4. lovemychris profile image78

Mass Appeal to Governors: Don't Privatize Prisons

http://motherjones.com/mojo/2012/03/flo … merica-geo

Law Enforcement Against Prohibition

5. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image92
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 4 years ago

Federal judges are appointed for life, I think; they'd have to commit murder or something to get pulled down (or major harassment, which I have seen). That entire system should be examined and the 'forever' appointments should be eliminated.

6. lovemychris profile image78

I agree with both of you!  And this is a big part of the problem...informants:

http://www.innocenceproject.org/underst … rmants.php

7. GingerBell profile image61
    GingerBellposted 4 years ago

That's how the world operates today.. Bad people are in control. So you're screwed if you're a good one.

Yes, there's no way to tell really....except by bodily means...that "feeling"...good or bad. Like animals.

8. lovemychris profile image78

Thank god for the Apocalypse:

http://current.com/community/92732741_3 … claims.htm

"As bad as it all looks, I am heartened by evolutionary biologists study of 'psychopathy'.
    There is now technology available to study the abnormalities of high functioning psychopaths! The brains of psychopaths show distinct abnormalities when compared to the functional MRI scans of a non-psychopath. Psychopaths are not capable of feeling empathy, compassion or pangs of conscience when they see someone suffering. Not suprisingly, only 1 percent of the population can be identified as psychopaths."

ahaha...1%. How extremely fitting!