jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (18 posts)

John McCain Is the First Senator to Call for Bombing Syria

1. Stacie L profile image85
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

By Adam Clark Estes | The Atlantic Wire – 2 hrs 3 mins ago

Sen. John McCain will call on a repeat performance of the kind of military operation that dislodged Muammar Qaddafi from Libya in Syria, asking the U.S. military to begin air strikes to protect Syrian opposition forces. In remarks leaked first to Foreign Policy's Josh Rogin, McCain's speech on the Senate floor on Monday will argue, "The kinds of mass atrocities that NATO intervened in Libya to prevent in Benghazi are now a reality in Homs."

http://news.yahoo.com/john-mccain-first … 15683.html
    should the US get involved with bombs?

1. Credence2 profile image83
      Credence2posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have had it up to hear with the nation building stuff. We want our natiional sovereigty respected how about allowing others to realize the same? McCain is "Mars" the god of war incarnate. Look at that ruddy complexion of his. Doesn't his sort every get enough, we are stretched thin militarily around the globe and I can;t afford any more saber rattling just for saber rattling sake. This idea of McCain has got to be destablizing throughout the region. Every ME government wondering when we are going to plant the seeds to subvert their societies.

Yes AKA as the "Rifleman" always ready to shoot first and ask questions later.

2. lovemychris profile image80
    lovemychrisposted 5 years ago

Articles have come out on the alternet in plenty, that Western intelligence forces are involved in Syria....Co-intel-pro.

Much like the color uprisings in Georgia.

ANY time a neo-con wants war...it's not this country's best interest they have in mind.

3. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 5 years ago

It is now a civil war created, supported and financed by the usual western villains.

4. Paul Wingert profile image79
    Paul Wingertposted 5 years ago

McCain should of been retired and dead a long time ago.

5. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 5 years ago

Why did we help Libya? I'm serious. I'm not saying I agree with the decisions on Libya, but what's the difference?

1. Jason Marovich profile image87
      Jason Marovichposted 5 years ago in reply to this

For one, Syria is far more politically connected to other powerful countries.  If, say, France and Britain were to begin an air campaign against Syria, there could be shock waves across the Middle East, starting with Iran and Lebanon.

2. profile image0
      Mtbailzposted 5 years ago in reply to this

There's much more to deal with in Syria than Libya. In Libya there was a clear rebel movement that had quite a bit of popular support. In Syria the people dislike the government but there are more rebel groups to deal with. Also, Iran has a foothold in this country, so it's important to tred more lightly than we did in other countries.

6. profile image0
    The Writers Dogposted 5 years ago

They must have just discovered oil in Syria. Why else would McCain want military intervention after only twelve months of genocide by the Assad dictatorship?

7. profile image0
    idratherbeposted 5 years ago

President Obama is critized and yet all I hear is war out of many of the GOP politicians. Haven't we lost enough lives and spent enough money? We need to clean up our own backyard before we look at financing another war.

1. profile image0
      Peelander Gallyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Amen to that. It's like: Go Team America World Police! Wait, why does everyone hate us? Heathen ingrates.

8. lovemychris profile image80

Iranian Envoy: Syrian Terrorists Killing People with US, Israeli Weapons

TEHRAN (FNA)- A senior Iranian diplomat blasted the western countries, specially the US, for their double-standard attitude towards terrorism, and said the Syrian people and security forces are being killed by the al-Qaeda-affiliated terrorists who are armed with the US and Israeli weapons.

"The West does not speak about the ties between the terrorist groups in Syria and the al-Qaeda which slaughters the people with US and Israeli weapons in that country," Iranian Ambassador to Uruguay Hojjatollah Soltani said on Monday.

1. ElizaDoole profile image91
      ElizaDooleposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I love the way Iran claims to know for sure that al-Qaeda terrorists are killing Syrians. At the risk of sounding patronomial, why don't Iran go in with their army and defend Syria from it's foes then? Why does the West suddenly have to come to the rescue.
      In any case we can't. NATO has said no to going in with our armies as China and Russia are now on the voting table for the next few years, and a new majority means one of them have to capitulate.

How come Iran is suddenly able to identify al-Qaeda terrorists? That's new intelligence that they forgot to share for the past twenty years or so when Western Intelligence agencies sought their cooperation on locating bin-Laden.

1. lovemychris profile image80
          lovemychrisposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Interesting vid - I don't agree with it tho - there is an organised terror network - i believe. It is not just comprised of Muslims, it is comprised of those who want to do evil.

9. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 5 years ago

I don't like the US to serve as world police, but I do think what's happening to the Syrians is horrific. I don't know what the answer is. I'm glad I'm not POTUS, and I'm very thankful that I was born in and live in America.

10. lovemychris profile image80

working