Should the GOP candidates have condemned Rush?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (48 posts)
  1. profile image0
    idratherbeposted 12 years ago

I give Ron Paul credit, he was the only GOP candidate to condemn Rush's remarks. Santorum failed miserably by not coming out and condemning Rush. Romney and Newt,missed an opportunity to show he has a backbone and a defender of women's rights.I can't imagine any women voting for Romney, Santorum, or Gingrich. And any father or mother with daughters, should be insulted by their lack of caring for women's rights. Open for disagreeing comments.

1. Evan G Rogers profile image62
      Evan G Rogersposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ron Paul's the only man with class running for president.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image66
        Ralph Deedsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Except for Barack Obama.

Obama ain't got class. He's got swag.

And you're mystified by it.

1. profile image0
            Peelander Gallyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Haters gonna hate, I dare you or your beloved Paul to mystify me with swagger.

I don't want Ron Paul to have swagger, he's legit.

Obama is swag. He's stolen all of your freedoms but you still love him.

"He's stolen ALL your freedoms."

For example?

He can kill us without trial.

He can search our homes without informing anyone that he did so.

He can outlaw protest with the latest bill in contention (http://www.wnd.com/2012/03/can-the-secr … o-shut-up/)

He, apparently, can tell us what we have to buy.

Under his command, our military OPENLY admits that it does NOT answer to Congress
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXomoQD8 … h_response

He claims the authority to just snatch people and throw them in jail forever without a trial

He didn't stop the practice of torture, he just outsourced it.

He claims authority to take money from me and give it to companies he likes.

... I mean, what other freedoms are there? He has taken away the right to life, the right to property, the right of free speech, and the right to liberty. The first one is WAY more than enough to condemn the man a tyrant.

Obama is the most anti-american president this country has ever had -- AND THAT'S SAYING SOMETHING.

It's disgusting you won't recognize this. Your ONLY response is "well, he probably won't use it for evil". That's ALL you can say.

1. lovemychris profile image77
                    lovemychrisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

All these things will be there if Paul is elected too...and he won't be able to do a darn thing about them.

This was set in stone long ago.

2. Credence2 profile image79
                    Credence2posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Evan, you are the reasons rightwingers turn my stomach so often. "Obama is taking my freedoms", for heavens sake, if that is true so did George Bush and Ronald Reagan, is the difference the fact that he is an African american democrat?

Rightwingers are eternally annoying like that itch you can never seem to reach when you need to scratch.

2. Evan G Rogers profile image62

I can't even keep track of the number of wars Obama has started, let alone how many deaths are on his hands.

1. Friendlyword profile image60
            Friendlywordposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That's all I needed to hear.  Rush Limbaugh make one of his inspirational speeches to his Republican Subjects! I will finally make my ten hubs! Stay tuned...

grammar makes sense.

2. profile image0
      Peelander Gallyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't think it's about a missed chance so much as a despicable undercurrent of "we're all thinking these things or are indifferent to them, we just wouldn't risk our careers by saying it outright".

3. profile image0
      Longhunterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sure they should. Right after Obama gives Maher back his million dollars and condemns him.

4. lovemychris profile image77

Well, apparently now they're all condemning Maher...on Hannity's show.

They can condemn Maher, but not Russshhhhh. And they want to be president to my daughters.

Fat chance in heck.

1. profile image0

There's more than enough double standard to go around as I'm sure you're aware of. I stopped listening to Rush, Beck, and Hannity some time ago. Mostly because it became all consuming. I had to get away from it. That, and listening to Beck's over the top rhetoric was mind-numbing.

As for Maher, he's just mean and his BS does nothing for your side.

5. Ramsa1 profile image61
      Ramsa1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes. The GOP candidates should have come out in support of the young woman who was verbally abused by Limbaugh.

6. profile image0
      Sooner28posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Paul isn't going to get the voters who are Limbaugh supporters anyway, so it's nothing off his back to condemn him. 

However, for the others it does disappoint me they did not say Limbaugh was flat out wrong to say what he did.

2. lovemychris profile image77
    lovemychrisposted 12 years ago

Geee, let's see...Obama called the woman that Russshhhh called a prostitute and thanked her for standing up for women....

On what planet is that swag?

3. Paul Wingert profile image61
    Paul Wingertposted 12 years ago

For calling her a "prostitute" and "slut" over the radio, I forsee a slander lawsuit.

GOD--I hope so!

That mouth has been slandering for decades! But THIS time, it's not a public figure he's spit his poison at.

4. Credence2 profile image79
    Credence2posted 12 years ago

Sakes, even Peter Gabriel of "sldgehammer" fame told Rush in no uncertain terms that he did not want any of his work associated with his show. Do you guys know how many sponsors pulled the plug on this guy? An oabsolute PR disaster, that is what you have here.

The GOP surely dropped a bomb this time, a big one!
    Someone, DeMint or somebody had better sit on this guy Limbaugh before he sits on them and thereby crush any hope the party has to even look credible this fall.

5. Reality Bytes profile image74
    Reality Bytesposted 12 years ago

Rush's ratings are higher then ever.  He has more advertisers then he has space to place them.

All talking smack about Rush while watching Bill Maher.......But sad BUT sad  If you don't listen to Rush they might pull his show sad   HaHaHa

"He has more advertisers then he has space to place them."

Where did you get that bit of misinformation?"

Last I read more than 100 national advertisers have dumped Limbaugh, and blank spots were running where the ads would have been placed. I'll have to tune in to Limbaugh this morning and see what companies are still supporting his crapola. I wouldn't want to buy anything from them by mistake.

http://thinkprogress.org/media/2012/03/ … -limbaugh/

Previously, ThinkProgress has reported that 50 companies requested their advertising be pulled from the Rush Limbaugh show following his sexist attacks on Sandra Fluke. The publication of the memo adds an additional 90 companies to the list of companies that have dropped Limbaugh:

21st Century Insurance • Hotels.com • Rite Aid • Ace Hardware • Honda • Robitussin • Acura • IBM • Sam Adams • Advance Auto Parts • Icy Hot • Sam’s Club • Advil (All products) • Intuit/Small Business • Schiff – Digestive Advantage • Alacer/Emergen-C • Schiff – Mega Red • Allegra (all products) • Johnson & Johnson (All Brands) • Schiff – Move Free • Kohl’s • Schiff – Sustenex • Ally Bank • La Quinta • Scotts Miracle-Gro (all products) • American Express • Lifetime • Autozone • Little Caesars • Sony • Lowe’s • State Farm • British Petroleum • Luxottica • Staples • Bullfrog Sunblock • Macy’s • Sterling/Kay Jared Jewelers • Caltrate • MasterCard • Subway • Centrum • McDonalds • Takeda Uloric • Chapstick • Midas • The Home Depot • Clorox (Pinesol/Homecare) • Napa Auto Parts • ThermaCare • Cortizone • National Realtor • Toyota • DeVry • NBC-TV • Discover Card • Office Depot • Twinings of London • Domino’s Pizza • Office Max • Tyson/Wright Brand Bacon • Exxon/Exxon Mobil • One Main Financial • Unisom • Farmers Insurance • United Healthcare • Ford • Orkin • U.S. Army • Outback • U. S. Postal Service • General Motors (All products -GM Certified Service • Chevy • Onstar • Cadillac • etc) • Preparation H • Visa • Gold Bond (all products • ProNutrients (all products) • Walgreens • Grainger • Progressive Insurance • Wal-Mart • Green Mountain Coffee • Prudential • Wells Fargo • Hallmark • Radio Shack • Wrigley • H&R Block • Rent-A-Center • Yahoo!

1. Reality Bytes profile image74
        Reality Bytesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Listen to the show, that list of advertisers was large.  He has all his spots full though?

2. lovemychris profile image77

Rush can go to paid radio then, like Maher and Stern had to do, after they were pushed out of their jobs in the commercial arena.

Let's see how many fans he has when they have to pay to listen to him.

"They are playing to a (sometimes literally) dying demographic. Rush & Co. rate best among old, white males. They have been steadily losing women and young listeners, who are alienated by the angry, negative, obsessive approach to political conservations. Add to that the fact that women ages 24–55 are the prize advertising demographic, and you have a perfect storm emerging after Limbaugh’s Sandra Fluke comments."

Boycott Bigots.

6. lovemychris profile image77

"The new narrative on Sandra Fluke: she wants us to pay for the rampant foreign sex she's having with her gay boyfriend."

let me guess.....Fox?  Or is it elrushbo himself? excellence in BS.

7. lovemychris profile image77

Yeah, but Maher is an entertainer...they want to be president of the United States.

The fact that they think Palin deserves defending, and Fluke doesn't, speaks VOLUMES.

1. profile image0

None of it's entertaining, LMC, and it certainly doesn't speak very highly of Obama when he speaks out against what Rush said but accepts a million bucks from Maher. You've got to admit it doesn't look good.

Are you kidding? have you heard the things Palin says about him? Heard the things the Tea Party has said about his wife?
        Seen the e-mails they circulate??
        Read WND, and the comments? Comments on Russshhhhhh .com??

He ows Palin no apologies--she dishes out as good as she gets. Fluke did nothing to anybody and got bashed.

1. profile image0

Are you going to defend Obama no matter what? He's human, LMC, just like you and I.

Yes, I'm a 50 YO white guy that's a Christian Conservative that believes in the Constitution, has a permit to carry a gun, and does so even at church. All that being said, no, I don't pay attention to Palin or the Tea Party so I have no idea what either says about anything or anyone. wink

I don't believe Obama owes an apology to anyone except maybe the American people but that's because I don't think he's a good president. You know that already.

Fluke, a private citizen, said some things that were then remarked about by Rush. Like I said before, his remarks were childish and inappropriate. He's apologized - twice. I say let it go. Others see it as an opening to do away with Rush but he's not going away anymore than Maher is.

It really is just that simple, at least for me.

8. lovemychris profile image77

On Maher:

"I don’t condone that kind of language and particularly in a public setting, a TV setting.… It’s just gone way beyond the pale.”

On Rush:

"It's not the language I would have used."

9. Ralph Deeds profile image66
    Ralph Deedsposted 12 years ago

To return to the question posed by this thread--the failure of the Republican candidates, in pandering to social conservatives, to condemn Rush Limbaugh or at least to put some distance between themselves and Limbaugh. appears to have cost them a fair number of women's votes.

Today Republican Party lost any chance of getting any significant Black voters.
      They crossed the line, and they will not be able to sidestep the question of their racist hate for Our President. I can't mention the reason why without being BANNED again.

But, I hope you all know by now.  At least some of them came right out and admitted their real reason for wanting this President gone!  Thank you for your honesty, (not to mention burying the Republican Party in the process!)nice job!

2. Evan G Rogers profile image62

Ron Paul condemned it.

Why is no one pointing this out? Everyone makes fun of me for bringing up Ron Paul a lot, but then no one else points out the fact that he does half the things you want your presidents to do.

Ron Paul is Crazy and Useless. And you are a really smart man...I don't get it.

Billions would disagree with you.

10. Druid Dude profile image60
    Druid Dudeposted 12 years ago

Limbaugh is so far right, he could be more accurately labeled Fascist.

11. lovemychris profile image77

"Clear Channel pays Limbaugh an astounding $38 million annually, or approximately $750,000 each week. So right now, Clear Channel's paying Limbaugh $750,000 weekly for a show that's shedding $1 million from its bottom line every seven days."

Everybody has a wife, a mother,a sister, or an aunt. And 99% of them have used birth control.

That's a heck-a lotta sl*ts.

Clear Channel ought to be ashamed.

And Romney ought to be ashamed. Bain Capital, his former vulture capital company, owns a big share in Clear Channel.

12. lovemychris profile image77

Now this is right on the money.

“If they turn these things down, how are they really any different than the people who are turning their nose up at Rush Limbaugh?” Drain asked. “We are making a moral statement with our advertising just like he was making a moral statement with his airtime.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/03/16/w … ughs-show/

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)