jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

I have to question the Wisdom of Obama's decision?

1. dutchman1951 profile image59
    dutchman1951posted 4 years ago

I just read that now, that the President has nixed the pipeline from Canada. The Canadian Goverment is now exploring diverting it to it's Pacific Shore, and has consulted China, who will willingly have Chineese Tankers ready at a new port. A vast project the Chineese will happly invest in. To have Oil for sale and use in China?

What in the "...." is this President thinking? How much more playing with American Jobs and lives is this guy capable of? Does he realy dispise our enconomic system that much, to sacrifice good jobs that we need?   

Under the guise of an un-obtainable Green lie? Does he realy think working Men and Women realy buy into his idealistic crap?

The Republican Candidates may well be the joke of the Century, but...
    This President is a detriment to America. He needs to go people, like now!

1. kerryg profile image87
      kerrygposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The pipeline threatened the Ogalalla Aquifer, the source of drinking and irrigation water for most of the Plains states. Maybe an accident would never have happened (though I think is is unlikely given that there were 12 spills in 12 months in the portion of the pipeline that's already been built), but if it had, it would have threatened farmer's livelihoods across the Plains and raised food prices around the world.

Additionally, the oil the pipeline carried was always intended for export, not US domestic use, and in fact was expected to raise gas prices in the upper Midwest. The jobs it would have produced would have been primarily short term construction jobs.

I suggest you research the proposal in more detail before blasting Obama for his decision.

http://thehill.com/blogs/congress-blog/ … ur-enemies

2. ib radmasters profile image62
    ib radmastersposted 4 years ago

It doesn't make much sense, but this is the first that I heard of this Obama idea.

If it is true, then it should be a major election issue.

1. Druid Dude profile image60
      Druid Dudeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

A shorter pipeline is also being proposed, coming up from the gulf of Mexico and ending somewhere in Okla.