Is it possible to love someone who hates you?

1. andycool profile image69
    andycoolposted 5 years ago

Corrupt politicians only love themselves and hate people, right? Still many people love them and follow them. Why? This is something that makes me perplexed. How is it possible to have bias for someone who hates you?

1. Jason Marovich profile image88
      Jason Marovichposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It's a good question, because I can't imagine what many people in other countries think about Americans attitude toward their politicians.

It's a love-hate relationship.  We admire people that have the credentials to run for the highest office in my country.  We respect a person that serves the public and makes bettering their part of the nation the highest priority in their lives.

On the other hand, we are generally repulsed by someone who gets into the national spotlight, and then is magnified by the media, only to display contradictory or less than stellar political views.

Add in that they are all human and have made mistakes in their personal lives, and we really hate what we see, because we see the imperfections in ourselves.  The pedestal we falsely place these people on collapses.

1. andycool profile image69
        andycoolposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Great reply! Thanks for sharing! smile

working