jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

The Power of the States

1. 0
    JaxsonRaineposted 4 years ago

I was reading over Romney's overall plan, and I realize how sensible he is. One thing that caught my eye was

"Directs the Secretary of Health and Human Services and all relevant federal officials to return the maximum possible authority to the states to innovate and design health care solutions that work best for them"

This is how America is supposed to work, with power in the States. One great advantage of this is that different states with different plans can be compared. Results from different approaches can be observed and learned from. In a way, you can think of it as 50 tests to find the best way, rather than the whole nation throwing its hat into the ring together.

It also fosters competition. States compete against each other for residents and businesses. Competition leads to innovation and efficiency, two things our federal government lacks in droves.

I want to see the power back in the hands of the states. If I look across the state border and see greener pastures, I have the liberty to move. It's part of America and we need to stop federalizing everything.

1. Evan G Rogers profile image83
      Evan G Rogersposted 4 years ago in reply to this

If you want state's rights, then you'd better start talking about Ron Paul.

Without his name, your words ring hollow.

1. 0
        JaxsonRaineposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ron Paul's not going to get elected no matter what I do.

At least Romney wants to give States rights over insurance.

1. Evan G Rogers profile image83
          Evan G Rogersposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Romney won't give us States' Rights.

He's more of the same.

Plus, he's lied so many times that it's impossible to know what he really believes.